1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

If I go from Moto Droid to Incredible

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by sillyrabbitt123, May 1, 2010.

1. sillyrabbitt123

sillyrabbitt123 New Member

Will all my apps work? Will touchdown work with my exchange server in the same manner so I can my work emails?

is there any downside [in terms of] where something wont work on the incredible that worked on the droid?

also whats the best way to get the incredible [cheapest way]?

add a line for 10/month buy incredible 199 after rebate then sell Moto droid for 200 ish on ebay / craigslist?

thanks!!!!!
  2. Xpain

Xpain New Member

It should, but I hear that the native email app is better than the Droid one.

Also, keep in mind that an extra line is only $10/month, but you also need to add the data plan.
  3. sillyrabbitt123

Thanks for the info. So you are saying I might not even need touchdown?

Yes 10/mo plus 30/mo for data but I will cancel the Moto Droid data plan so its even swap on that.

I hate the moto camera really i want a good camera and hoping the incredibles pictures are better without shutter lag.
  4. solorca

solorca New Member

If you have issues with the Droid, you can always call the retention group (call in and say that you are canceling your plan...ask them how to port). I have had a lot of issues with the phone quality of my Droid, and they allowed me an early upgrade after only having the Droid for about 3 months.
  5. manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic New Member

im no photographer but here is a random pic i took today:

[​IMG]
  6. R1Lover

R1Lover New Member

Yes I used touchdown before too.... no need for it now... the only thing I miss are the notes... but I'm over that due to the widgets on the incredible for mail... I love them.
  7. dilloff

dilloff New Member

I tried to do this today via *611 customer service at Verizon. They checked details of my plan, current offers, and said it was not possible for me to upgrade. I've had moto droid since November, but I would also like to make the incredible switch. I asked to speak with customer service supervisor, stated that I was interested in ending my service if they couldn't work with me, and he still replied thee was no way to offer early upgrade. I even quoted the post above, that it had been done for another individual. The only offer he said would work is if I was on a non data plan smartphone and went to a data plan. He did say I could check with an official verizon store to see if they could make me a special offer depending on inventory. I quickly made a trip to verizon store before they closed and they looked at me like I was nuts. This myth seems busted.
  8. drewlamo1

drewlamo1 New Member

well on my plan i get the 2every 2 on each line in my plan ( i have 3 )
    but the primary line can upgrade every year for $20 extra.

i got the DI online for 200, the rebate was instant and they just added the price of everything to my next bill.

i personally would add a line and get the upgrade, the activation cost is usually free then find some old rickity verizon phone that doesnt require a data plan and put it on the added line. this adds to 10$ a month extra on your bill.

if my math is correct thats $200 + the ( $10 X 2years ) = $440
    which is cheaper then buying the phone outright and half the cost is spread out over 2years.
    then you can cancel the extra line when the contract is up

i did this when the droid came out and just threw a verizon chocalte<sp> on it.
    then when DI came out my primary once a year was due
    if you check verizonwirelss online and it shows your new every 2 counter
    it wont show the primary once a year, you have to actually attempt to order the phone and see what price the website gives you ( verizon rep told me this ) and bam it worked
    good luck
  9. ConqSoft

ConqSoft New Member

You can't cancel the data plan on your current Droid though, since Verizon requires a data plan for smart phones. So you'd be paying $40/month for 2 years, which would make it cheaper to buy the Incredible outright and swap it with the Moto Droid.
  10. sillyrabbitt123

I got another problem didnt realize the app market is different for incredible then it is for the mot droid?

i want iheartradio app and its not there also imusic and tube downloader? anyway to copy these from the mot and install them on the incredible?

So your saying no need for Touchdown anymore? just use the stock app for exchange?

Thanks for the picture it looks awesome.
    thanks!!!
    Last edited: May 2, 2010
  11. R1Lover

R1Lover New Member

iheartradio is there.... look again
  12. R1Lover

R1Lover New Member

as well as three different tube downloaders

imusic isn't but send a message to the developer and have him add the inc to his list.
  13. sillyrabbitt123

son of a gun you are right....

you need to type in iheart "RADIO" the radio being key. thanks!

do you know if i can move tube downloader from my moto droid to the incredible? i dont see this app on the market. anyway to copy to the sd card then install on the incd?

thanks!!
  14. Droidmoney

Droidmoney New Member

If you are buying an Incredible let me know I can save you some money and all you have to do is order it off my website. email me for more info DI for $179 Moto for $99 my email is crissretreivers@gmail.com. Enjoy I love my droid!!
  15. Stanton

Stanton New Member

Just wondering if this was true or not. Does Verizon have a retention group if you threaten to cancel your account? Id like tomgo to the incredible from droid but don't qualify for ne2 early upgrade and no way I will add a line. Also no way that I will pay full retail like some crazy ppl. I'm too frugal. So, is there a way to tell verizon you're going to either cancel or get an upgrade? maybe this should be posted for the verizon reps that lurk here. Thanks in advance.
  16. dilloff

dilloff New Member

It was true for me. Anyone else have any luck with this method? It was a brick wall for me.
  17. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

What you need to do is tell them you want to get the new phone and EXTEND your contract by 2 years and they will do it. They have for me twice.
  18. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Still use Touchdown on my Incredible...Paid for it so I'm using it :)
  19. sillyrabbitt123

i am using INC stock exchange app but i am missing a few TD features [like html emails, global address book] so I might load it back up.
  20. bass_lover1

bass_lover1 New Member

Hmmm, my mom's line is due for an upgrade but she's happy with her phone and probably won't use it. Considering upgrading hers so I can get the Incredible. I can probably sell my Droid for around 100 so a brand new Incredible for 100 doesn't sound too bad.

Decisions, decisions.