If I Do A FDR

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S3' started by jared845, Apr 20, 2013.

1. jared845

jared845 New Member

Im thinking about doing a factory data reset. My phones been buggy for a while and think it is time to clean it up with the fdr. If i do so just curious about the micro sd card and the contents on it. Will i loose any music/photos on it ? Do I remove it prior to the reset so nothing gets affected.??? FYI I am NOT ROOTED !

Good Day Folks !
  2. jntdroid

jntdroid DF Super Moderator Premium Member

I don't believe it will erase the micro-sd, but I always unmount the card and remove it before a fdr just to play it safe.
  3. jared845

jared845 New Member

Ok thanks also how do I get the pics from the phone to the sd card don't wanna loose these pics unless the fdr won't affect my pics In which I doubt

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums
  4. jntdroid

jntdroid DF Super Moderator Premium Member

If you go into the My Files app, then sdcard0, under DCIM/Camera are all of your pictures. You should be able to copy / paste them to a directory you create on your sd card. Under My Files, extsdcard is the external. Figured you'd figure that out, but just in case! :)

Also, for future reference, you can set the camera app to save to the sd instead of internal storage. It will create the same directory on extsdcard - DCIM/Camera.

Edit: you could also just plug it into your computer, and copy/paste via Windows.
  5. jared845

jared845 New Member

It worked out pretty good for the most part. Just lost my play lists music wise from the music player. ...
  6. k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t Well-Known Member

And another suggestion for the future would be dropbox. Everytime I take a picture it's instantly and automatically uploaded to my dropbox cloud. Meaning it's instantly on my computer and I can delete it from my phone without worry. It's a great, free service I highly recommend! Can be downloaded on the Play store or online.

And btw, if you do decide to use it....let me know!! I think I could get some sort of referral thing or something :D
Search tags for this page
do you lose photos from fdr on droid

fdr

fdr android meaning
fdr s3
fdr samsung galaxy 3
fdr samsung galaxy s3
frd samsung s3 theme
galaxy s3 fdr
how to do an fdr
how to do an fdr on galaxy s3
how to do an fdr on samsung s3