If i add a dumb phone will i save????

pabowhunter

Reaction score
I have 2 phones Razr and Gnex on a shared plan now and only 1 Phone has unlimited data the other has 2G which is useless to me since I can burn through that quick... I am the only user of both phones with 2 different phone #'s .... If I cancel and replace my Gnex with only 2G data with a dumb flip phone with no data and swap sim from my Razr with unlimited data back in forth to my Gnex will this work and save me any money???? I Pay 30.00 for that crappy 2G and dont really need the other phone #....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

mikel61101

Reaction score
You don't have to cancel that line just get a cheap basic phone for 10-20 bucks and go back and firth with sim on other line and you'll save 30 bucks a month.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
P

pabowhunter

Reaction score
You don't have to cancel that line just get a cheap basic phone for 10-20 bucks and go back and firth with sim on other line and you'll save 30 bucks a month.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

But If I dont cancel one smart phone line and add a cheap 20 30 phone to my plan, I would have 3 phones 3 phone #s and will pay an extra 10.00 on top of what im paying now ???? Am I correct???

robert70

Reaction score
He wasn't telling you to cancel the #2 phone number he was trying to say to just activate the dumb phone on that phone number and the $30 charge for the 2gb data will go away, then when the contract is up for the #2 phone e you don't have to renew it, just renew your unlimited number, when my wife got her own account so we could get our daughter a phone we just activated a dumb phone on the 2nd line instead of canceling that line altogether, so when my wife got her account she just activated her x on her account, now I pay $30 less a month.

OP
P

pabowhunter

Reaction score
He wasn't telling you to cancel the #2 phone number he was trying to say to just activate the dumb phone on that phone number and the $30 charge for the 2gb data will go away, then when the contract is up for the #2 phone e you don't have to renew it, just renew your unlimited number, when my wife got her own account so we could get our daughter a phone we just activated a dumb phone on the 2nd line instead of canceling that line altogether, so when my wife got her account she just activated her x on her account, now I pay $30 less a month.

Got ya.... Thanks guys... I was wondering about that but all the people I talk to at the stores about that look @ me like im nuts...

OP
P

pabowhunter

Reaction score
He wasn't telling you to cancel the #2 phone number he was trying to say to just activate the dumb phone on that phone number and the $30 charge for the 2gb data will go away, then when the contract is up for the #2 phone e you don't have to renew it, just renew your unlimited number, when my wife got her own account so we could get our daughter a phone we just activated a dumb phone on the 2nd line instead of canceling that line altogether, so when my wife got her account she just activated her x on her account, now I pay $30 less a month.[/QUOTE

Another stupid question... I buy a used Verizon cheap flip phone somewhere other than in a Verizon store correct???