If content hidden on lock how determine if you want to snooze calendar event

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I have calendar reminders but have content hidden on lock screen
I have to way to unlock phone and lock at reminder with out dismissing and then unlock phone. Is they a way to dismiss the dismiss screen so I can use my fingerprint on my lock screen? Samsung ultra s20 note

Is there a way to allow calendar reminders on lock screen as an exception.

I am using Google calendar.

I amslo see no way to turn off Samsung calendar built in notifications so I am wondering if that is overriding possible a Google calendar pop up.

I would like to add an exception to have a calendar notification but not the full agenda

Is that possible on Samsung phones with android 10?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Go to settings .. applications .. calendar.. notification... Tap notification will bring you to additional settings for app to allow

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Go to settings .. applications .. calendar.. notification... Tap notification will bring you to additional settings for app to allow
For all apps it has a section called lockscreen and in that two options hide content or no notification

There is no overide global hide content defaults

And there is no way to turn off Samsung calendar which seems to take precedence over google calendar notifications.

Anyone with a screenshot of how to make google calendar show on lock screen and disable Samsung calendar notifications please post em

It makes using calendar notifications a painful process unless you want to enable all alerts on lock screen

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
For all apps it has a section called lockscreen and in that two options hide content or no notification

There is no overide global hide content defaults

And there is no way to turn off Samsung calendar which seems to take precedence over google calendar notifications.

Anyone with a screenshot of how to make google calendar show on lock screen and disable Samsung calendar notifications please post em

It makes using calendar notifications a painful process unless you want to enable all alerts on lock screen

Yes leave notifications on and turn off the calendar app notification...

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Yes leave notifications on and turn off the calendar app notification...
I am trying to make the default be fir the phone don't show content in lock screen besides exception there is no way I have found to say the calendar can be an exception to show content reminders. The click alarm works better it shows the actual title of the alarm

Your answer the way I read it us to all all content on lock screen except calendar that is not my goal

I have been reading all the articles I can find on Samsung calendar and the lock screen feature are neat but here are the problems and suggestions to make better
1) Allow events you want to show on lockscreen with exceptions per event or by app allow clock and calendar not bank and texts etc . Not customizable
2) need a way to not have dual notifications on task bar. As I kind if want the want the lockscreen notification which only is available for Samsung calendar and I realize you could disable notifications for one or the other calendars i.e google but not straightforward what the options do in Samsung calendar notifier and have read it sometimes doesn't sync right. I have also read that there is support to be a way to use goigle calendar to display alerts in lock screen including edge lighting but haven't found a way to do that.
Need more instructions and customizations from samsung

Last edited:

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Didn't understand you .. you mentioned Google calendar you want it not Samsung calendar... You can try off Samsung calendar notifications

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Didn't understand you .. you mentioned Google calendar you want it not Samsung calendar... You can try off Samsung calendar notifications
I get notifications in the task bar for both goigle and Samsung calendars but I want the notification that open googke calendar not Samsung calendar but since I want the Samsung lock screen notification (which shows content filtered and wish it would show content and not texts etc) and google calendar does not show on lock screen I have to have both notifications on. I need a way to show Samsung on lock screen and goigle in notification shade but not both its a catch 22

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I get notifications in the task bar for both goigle and Samsung calendars but I want the notification that open googke calendar not Samsung calendar but since I want the Samsung lock screen notification (which shows content filtered and wish it would show content and not texts etc) and google calendar does not show on lock screen I have to have both notifications on. I need a way to show Samsung on lock screen and goigle in notification shade but not both its a catch 22

I only use Google calendar it shows in both not Samsung ... I use one calendar app only ...

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I only use Google calendar it shows in both not Samsung ... I use one calendar app only ...
If content is hidden on lockscreen do you have a way to show google calendar notifications on the lock screen?

I want to use one but can't find a way to have google be an exception to show content on the lockscreen.
Do you have a way to configure that?

With the Samsung calendar it gives you an extra pop up which is a neat feature but has dismiss on the finger print button so you can't see the content . Trying to find a way to utilize it .

Goal would be to have google calendar show content on lock screen but utilize a better pop up but similar to Samsung calendar pop up. Wondering if anyone made a taster function to do it

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
If content is hidden on lockscreen do you have a way to show google calendar notifications on the lock screen?

I want to use one but can't find a way to have google be an exception to show content on the lockscreen.
Do you have a way to configure that?

With the Samsung calendar it gives you an extra pop up which is a neat feature but has dismiss on the finger print button so you can't see the content . Trying to find a way to utilize it .

Goal would be to have google calendar show content on lock screen but utilize a better pop up but similar to Samsung calendar pop up. Wondering if anyone made a taster function to do it

I'm not aware of any way to disable all ans show one ...

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I'm not aware of any way to disable all ans show one ...
I've been reading articles about tasker and it seems you can make a scene to show or read you calendar events or reminders even on lock screen but seems to be tricky to code. Wish it was built in to android operating system so it wouldn't have to be a separate addin.

Success after 4 hours of googling tasker and calender and lick screen and scenes

Was able to create a tasker task to pop up with a dialog of the title even on the lock screen
Next I am going to see if I can customize to be transparent to the Active lockscreen notifications.

I may disable the task when when phone is unlocked as the normal Samsung dialog may be good enough. Hmm options...

Is anyone else interested in adding custom notifications to pop up on lockscreen for alarms and calendar events?

Now I can hide all content and make use tasker to make exceptions to lock screen.

Interesting app tasker

Wish exceptions were built natively into android or Samsung Ui and other vendor Ui

Last edited: