Idk what I just did, lost everything

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by kookk, Nov 21, 2012.

1. kookk

kookk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I've been on CM10 nightlies for a while now. I decided I wanted to get 4.2 so I downloaded jelly belly 10.1, JB bootloader, new radios, everything it said to do.

I wiped and flashed but I forgot to flash gapps and the rom was a bit laggy anyways so I just wanted to restore to the backup I just made. Well, it's gone along with everything that was on my internal storage, including my entire photo album.

I have a lot of experience flashing stuff, I don't understand how everything got wiped. I tried putting cm10 back on there but I don't have data and get error messages when I try to connect to my google account.

2. guidot

guidot Developer Relations
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +274
    Losing everything is common going to 4.2 right now on the GNex. Moves contents to a "0" folder.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

3. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +48
    Update to the newest TWRP recovery and you should be able to restore your backup.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

4. kookk

kookk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I tried TWRP, all my backups are gone

edit: I was able to get my camera pics back but I had a lot of pictures in my downloads folder which is now gone. I'd really like to just restore to where I was, this rom is a bit laggy

#4 kookk, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  5. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol Senior Member

Ratings:
    +23
    Are you sure you are using the newest TWRP?

E2A: Nothing should be gone, it is just kinda reorganized with 4.2 . 4.2 /0 folder question - Galaxy Nexus - RootzWiki <-- talks about what happens there.

#5 cupfulloflol, Nov 22, 2012
  6. kookk

kookk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok so I made the mistake of wiping and made multiple 0 folders, I was able to find my backups but I don't know how to start them.

If I hit install, I can find the backup but I click it and nothing happens. If I hit restore, it goes to an empty list

I can find it in my clockwork mod folder, but it isn't a zip fle so I can't install it. Would it work if I compressed it on my computer then installed it as a zip?

edit: I tried compressing the backup and flashing it, didn't work :( Is there a folder that the backup pulls from that I can move my backup file to?

#6 kookk, Nov 22, 2012
Search tags for this page

nexus 10 pictures disappearing