Idiotic Music Junk Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeakChopper

Reaction score
Firstly, I have an Incredible.

I actually have two stupid questions about Music Junk.
The first one is, how illegal is it to use the program? I tried searching the forum for info on the app and didn't find much, but I found an unrelated thread where someone was suggesting that people not use apps that involve downloading pirated files/software because of the high likelihood of you getting into some kind of legal trouble. Is seems like that is exactly what Music Junk is, right?

My second question is: Where do the files go when you download them? I'm sure this is an especially ignorant thing to ask. But I am slightly confused and would rather just ask than experience and maybe screw something up.
I download things and they go onto the SD card, but there doesn't seem to be any way that I can find to play them from the Incredible's music player.
I can open and play them with Music Junk itself, but I can't imagine that is how this is supposed to work. Shouldn't there be some way to import them into your music folder on the phone itself?

Ugh! I hate asking stupid questions! Ha.

Zahoor

Reaction score
First question: I'm pretty sure its legal...second question it goes onto a folder in ur sdcard called music junk, but ur phone should pick up the music automatically, mine does but I'm using an app that's called btunes..which I think is a lot better...goodluck :)

OP
W

WeakChopper

Reaction score
Weird. It goes into a folder on my SD card called "Music" and the phone doesn't pick it up at all. Whatever. Ha.

Maybe I'll try this btunes thing you mentioned.

And thanks for your quick answer!

bamfsig45

Reaction score
First question: I'm pretty sure its legal...second question it goes onto a folder in ur sdcard called music junk, but ur phone should pick up the music automatically, mine does but I'm using an app that's called btunes..which I think is a lot better...goodluck :)

Where is your source that its legal? Sure we paid for the app Scratch that its a free app...but is there payment going to the artists whos songs you're downloading? Not doubting you just want to know if you have a source? I have the program on my Droid and have used it, I also use "certain programs" on my PC to obtain things so Im not this piracy Nazi if thats what you're thinking...FYI.

It says Free Public Music. I dont remember if there is main stream stuff in there...let me look.

Ok I looked and Im downloading a Godsmack song (first thing I looked for) This is Free Public Music?

Last edited:
OP
W

WeakChopper

Reaction score
I'm really less concerned with the legality issue. I was just asking out of idle curiosity.

Well, I downloaded Btunes. That does, indeed, load up the music downloaded with Music Junk, but it, of course, won't play anything in the stock music player's folder. What the $#%%^@ is the deal with this?? I'm starting to get really irritated. Ha.
It's starting to look like it takes half a dozen of the same programs to accomplish one thing on this phone. Even though I'm sure it's all pilot error.

I think now I will try deleting the music I uploaded when I only had the stock player and then add it back on the phone and see what that does. The Incredible will probably catch fire. Ha.

OP
W

WeakChopper

Reaction score
Ok...I think I kind of got it all working now in a backasswards kinda way.

I ended up connecting the Inc. to my PC, making a folder on the Inc. called "music" and moving everything from the folder that came with the phone entitled "MP3" to the new music folder...I then deleted the MP3 folder, which I maybe shouldn't have done. Who knows.
Btunes didn't seem to want to do much of anything for me and now the music that I download from Music Junk is playing in the stock player, so I refunded Btunes. It wouldn't play the music in my stock player and after I changed that MP3 folder to music it didn't detect the songs I was downloading anymore either. So, meh.

Deleting that MP3 folder didn't seem to break anything. At least not yet.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm really less concerned with the legality issue.
Yup probably should be. Most forum sites don't allow the discussion of illegal software.

I couldn't easily find the forum rules for this site which seems like an oversight...

LovinMyDroid

Reaction score
Ok, so I had the same problem! The hubby figured it out for me. In the music junk page home page go to editor, then scroll to the bottom where it says music, open up the downloaded music file, make sure to put in the artist or song or both and apply it. Close out and go to your application page, open up the music app and in there you will find the song.

Hope that helps!!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Yup probably should be. Most forum sites don't allow the discussion of illegal software..

And thats why this is :closed_2:

Status
Not open for further replies.