Idiot with phone please help

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Eris' started by zippermcd, Mar 1, 2011.

1. zippermcd

zippermcd New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, so I am not a total idiot, but I do have problems and would like outsider information/help. I have had my HTC Eris for almost 1yr (warrantee ends March 23). I have had to replace my phone 4 times because of different problems. The primary problem I have ran across, and btw it is doing it right now, is the touch screen will be slow to respond. If I go to make a call it takes approximately 30 secs plus for it to show it is making the call. By which time I have pushed the number again. By the time it registers the first one, it will place the second call as well. If I am typing in a number or texting it will respond as if I held the key down and either double digit (for phone numbers) or change to a number instead the letter I pushed (texting). In the beginning with the very first phone, and surprisingly enough all since, the phone ringer will set to what I assume is a default level or speaker phone totally goes out. I have also had a problem with the touch tone being turned off. I am considering taking phone back, yet again, but I would really like to find out if I am causing these problems or if it something else. I have noticed when the phone starts act up like this that the battery life for the day dies quickly. I have quit adding apps to my phone for fear that they may have been the problem. Is there something that I should be doing to decrease or all together stopping these problems or is it just a crap phone?

2. LoneWolfArcher

LoneWolfArcher Senior Member

Ratings:
    +153
    Time to try a factory reset. See the Force Closing thread in this forum for things to do before resetting.

3. zippermcd

zippermcd New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have factory reset every time before ever taking the phone back. I have not done it today, or with this phone I have. But it started about a week after gettin it. I will look on the forums, but I still do not understand if it is the phone or the idiot operating it.

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums App

Search tags for this page

how to change primary cell number on my galaxy