iDevice Emulator?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by 91jolson, Mar 29, 2010.

1. 91jolson

91jolson Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry if this sounds retarded lol. It's my understanding that developers (for iphone and android) have access to a emulator program that allows them to test their apps. Is it possible to port that over to a phone? I don't know if its the same as porting a GBA emulator to a phone, but I would think that the newer Android devices would at least meet the hardware requirements. Although I guess if it were that simple it would have done already (much to Steve Jobs' chagrine).

Just curious.

2. mootsucks

mootsucks Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So you want to have an iPhone emulator for the droid. I really don't think that would work very well unfortunately (the coding bases are different to begin with).

3. 91jolson

91jolson Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Was mostly just curious if it would even be possible. Most apps I like on iPhone are on Android now anyways. And then iPhone would have literally nothing on the Droid lol.

4. pullmehome

pullmehome Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I never heard of any Iphone emulator if one were out I think it would be on the forums here somewhere. Maybe you are thinking of the android SDK which includes an emulator for your PC of an android phone to test your work on a virtual phone and Iphone might have it too, but I bet its more like in the video game market where they port code like a PS3 dev couldn't run a 360 emulator on PS3 hardware needs to be something like three times as great as the hardware you want to run droid isnt even powerful enough if I am right about that

Search tags for this page
i-device emulators

idevice emulator

iphone emulator for droid