ideas for Best galaxy nexus screen protector

prey

Reaction score
looking for a screen protector..

any experience on what brand works good?
my screen feels slick.. would like to Keep it that way.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I'm partial to my Steinheil Flex. Been using it for a while now.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I use the steinheil ultra oleophobic and really like it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Axium

Reaction score
I use the steinheil ultra oleophobic and really like it Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
are those easy to put on? i put the screen protector i got with my case on EASY but it was dry application. its starting to see some wear and i didnt lay it perfectly down on the left side =x but i've been heavily interested in this screen protector you're using

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
are those easy to put on? i put the screen protector i got with my case on EASY but it was dry application. its starting to see some wear and i didnt lay it perfectly down on the left side =x but i've been heavily interested in this screen protector you're using
Well I have some pretty good experience in putting on screen protectors so it was pretty easy for me. The UO is a dry application as well. I've had the case on since December and it has peeled or anything, it's a very durable case. The fact that it doesn't take up the whole screen is a concern to many, especially if it peels, but believe me it doesn't and my phone goes in and out my pocket hundreds of times a day.

I have noticed that it does keep fingerprints on the protector longer. I play alot of outdoor basketball so it could be due to that, but otherwise if your hands are clean it's pretty good with fingerprints. It does give a different feel compared to glass (then again what protector doesn't), but your finger or swipes don't stick like on most I've used in the past.

There's a tutorial on youtube, just look up steinheil ultra oleophobic nexus, or something along those lines and you can see this guy install it on his phone, it really is that simple.

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
I use xtremeguard. It was very inexpensive, only $5. Application was easy and smooth. Keeps the screen smooth and slick as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm looking into selling them. I just tested a new kind on my wife's IPhone while she was sleeping and she had no idea it was there. Felt like glass.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I'm looking into selling them. I just tested a new kind on my wife's IPhone while she was sleeping and she had no idea it was there. Felt like glass.

That's funny. Gotta love the "black ops" style install.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's funny. Gotta love the "black ops" style install.

It wasn't easy I've been trying to get it on for a week :)

And then I waited until she used it all day to tell her it was on.

It's the only screen protector I've felt that was like glass. Very clear also. Just as difficult as any other dry application screen protector - I put it on right the second try. Every purchase should come with two.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Sounds good. I'll be looking forward to hearing more about it.

OP
prey

prey

Reaction score

sooo.. what kind is this you are talking about?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
sooo.. what kind is this you are talking about?

Anyone who has followed me here knows I HATE screen protectors. I've bought the most expensive and the experience was terrible. I like the feel of glass.

I have people who represent me in China here in the U.S. and they told me they had the best screen protector ever. I said "send them to me".

They were the dry application style. The first one I ruined and the second one went on easily. I was very shocked that it did feel like glass and you couldn't even notice it was on.

So I've asked for Galaxy Nexus samples to try next. I won't sell a screen protector unless I would use it. If they are as good as the IPhone one's I'll include one in all of my cases and sell two separately.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
*Sits on the edge of his seat* :popcorn:

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
*Sits on the edge of his seat* :popcorn:

LOL don't sit on the edge, it could be a few weeks before I get the Galaxy Nexus one. I've used both IPhone samples all I have left is an IPhone 3 sample that isn't that high of quality.