1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

[ideas] 5.3...

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by jimmydene84, Apr 10, 2011.

1. jimmydene84

jimmydene84 New Member

so chevy wont be around for awhile, as he stated in his moving thread.

To make it easier on chevy when he gets back, Im starting this thread for people to post ideas, requests, or suggestions for 5.3. Im sure some of us are going to stray and try out other ROMS in the coming weeks, as chevy said himself if there is something u see and would like it to be in SS post it up :)

I personally just put the GB MIUI on my spare droid (its no SS) but it has some nice features....so i am adding the first request/idea.

its kinda hard to see in the screenshot, at the very top is a small green bar which is the battery meter. VERY clean look, and the charging animation is pretty slick aswell.
  2. blukgt

blukgt New Member

I saw on a friends dx that he can clear individual items in the drop down. That would be nice to be able to do.
  3. Gunslinger

Gunslinger New Member

You can do this already on D1, pretty sure I could since at least Froyo. Just press & hold an item, then swipe right, and it will clear off that item only. Prob different than on the DX, but it's there :)
  4. 666ogre666

666ogre666 Member

Its in SS already :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  5. VingInMedina

VingInMedina New Member

In LGB there was a feature to allow you to turn on the phone by using the volume up/down button.

It would also be nice to have script to remount /system read-write and to perform a hot reboot.

6. stark23x

stark23x New Member

Widgetsoid has a reboot function and one of them is hot reboot. And it's free, so that's always awesome. You can make a dedicated hot reboot widget. I just tried it and it works.
  7. jchammer123

jchammer123 New Member

Bump to keep it alive!

8. jimmydene84

jimmydene84 New Member

I'm surprised more ppl don't have ideas!

Here's my second....its a setting in CM already but missing in SS. The option to change to answer call screen to a rotary aswell, instead of sliders.

Sent from my Droid
  9. jengas kahn

jengas kahn New Member

boot animation with sound. yup.
  10. jimmydene84

jimmydene84 New Member

Got it on 5.2. Pretty sure chevy said he will build it into 5.3 from the start :)

Sent from my Droid
  11. ohcop72

ohcop72 New Member

LGB offers a selection of custom boot animations, thats pretty nice.
  12. VingInMedina

VingInMedina New Member

Here is another one. Have the ability to set the read ahead value that will persist after a reboot. This is the value that you put into the /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb file to improve the read performance on the SD card.

Yes, it is just a matter of putting a script in the /system/etc/init.d directory to set the value when the phone boots, but having it in tools as yet another thing that can be tweaked, will make this performance improvement available to more people.
  13. jchammer123

jchammer123 New Member

I would love to see the themed version of SS 5.3 be a mix of SS blue and Honeycomb! I love some of the honeycomb theme pieces but love Chevy's statusbar icons and animations.

14. sswiecki

sswiecki New Member

I must start out by saying this is the best rom. That said i do like some features in Miui. Can you add the miui dialer and lock screen. The dialer is the best i have used. The lock screen allows you to have a different wallpaper on it compared to the homescreen.
  15. illmatic636

illmatic636 New Member

Not sure that is possible regarding the dialer port. MIUI's dialer has been requested for numerous Froyo roms with no sucess. Apparently it is written into the OS and can not be fully ported. UD did a half port of it in his TUD roms. Maybe a full port on GB would be different?
  16. B-Unit

B-Unit Member

AHA!!! Ive done this accidentally several times, and didnt know what happened.

dancedroid
  17. Kickbut101

Kickbut101 New Member

yes a customizable background for the lockscreen apart from the homescreen would be cool, maybe some SS Widget options for the lockscreen?
    Is it possible to have a One-touch camera button usable even from the lockscreen? I find myself sometimes wanting to take an immediate (well as close to immediate as possible) picture of stuff sometimes and it'd be nice not to have to hit the lock button, slide, open camera app, wait... then snap the picture.
  18. ibe2fly

ibe2fly New Member

Will this mean that apps I have on my sdcard that I have shortcuts for on my desktop will load their icons right away and be able for use? Right now I'm using adw with a few folders n apps in dockbar n one or two direct shortcut to app n they come up with the android blue themed system default icon for abot a minute. In the interim can you explain how to do this? Much appreciated.

Sent from my rooted Droid w/ Tapatalk Pro
  19. VingInMedina

VingInMedina New Member

Well, until the SD card is mounted, no application that uses the card will be able to run. And applications and widgets that are actually on the SD card won't be able to load. However, after the SD is mounted, the performance of the reads to the card goes way up. The easiest place to notice this is with the gallery.

So, no, it won't improve the boot up time of the phone as far as the widgets and apps that are on your SD card are concerned. But, I would guess that applications that are stored on the SD card should start up a bit faster with this change. Might not really be noticeable. I couldn't actually say as I don't have any apps on my SD card!
  20. ibe2fly

ibe2fly New Member

Gotcha ...

Sent from my rooted Droid w/ SS 5.2 & Tapatalk Pro