Idea Thread

mattchenzo

Reaction score
Since I occasionally have flashes of what I think are brilliant ideas for new features, etc... I have been flashing ROMs and pushing devices to the limit since the OG Droid days, so I have at least SOME idea of what is and isn't possible, but just about zero coding knowledge to actually try and implement anything myself...
Feel free to call me an idiot if my ideas are ludicrous!

The idea that has been brewing in my mind today is this: our phones currently, AFAIK, only down/upload data from a single source at any one time. My phone gets great 3g/4g all over the city, *except* at my house, where the 4g is weak, and the 3g is weak, and the wifi sucks too. Is there any possibility of modding the phone to draw data from both radios and/or the wifi simultaneously? I know the phone has the ability to at least operate one radio and the wifi at the same time, because tethering works, so can they be made to utilize both or all three to make my ****ty data speeds better?

Battery consumption not an issue, of course it would be terrible doing this, but that's why Seidio exists, lol...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

wolfman4u

Reaction score
This is an excellent question. Never thought about it, but "shotgun technology as you describe it" would be awesome!!

OP
M

mattchenzo

Reaction score
I think it could work, but I wouldn't even remotely know how to implement it... anyone? Anyone? I would love you forever....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus