Idea for CallerID App

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by DynoPlast, Oct 6, 2010.

1. DynoPlast

DynoPlast New Member

I've looked at many callerID apps and only found one so far that will place a button next to the number of a caller - whether they are currently ringing your phone, or a missed call - that will drop off the phone number into google and do a search. The one I found does this, but it is pretty much useless since it formats the phone numbers as XXXXXXXXXX instead of XXX-XXX-XXXX. With the former returning a small number results (usually from useless spammy reverse lookup sites that seem to be popping up all over the place).

Complaints with the current batch of reverse lookup/CallerID apps center around how many numbers these days are cell numbers which are not published in databases like white pages/yellow pages/411 etc... However, people post their cell numbers in lots of crawlable content, such as blogs, facebook messages, craigslist ads, etc.... I can't tell you how many "unlisted" numbers I've resolved to names/addresses/businesses/scams by searching the number on google. However, it must be formated correctly to get useable results.

This would be a "must have" app - even if it only worked with missed calls by simply copying the number into memory, then pasting it into the google search box and hitting enter - 3 basic steps to a killer app!