I'd pay for some help...

Discussion in 'Droid X Rooted Help' started by sboman_32, Oct 20, 2010.

1. sboman_32

sboman_32 New Member

way to close to the equator for my taste...
    Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone is interested in giving me a detailed walkthrough of rooting, unrooting, using SBF and/or any other methods/programs I should know how to use. I've been a member of this forum for a while and previously rooted the OG Droid with the help of this forum. I've read over and over again all the step by steps guides and I'm still scared ill brick my shiny new droid x. I'm pretty computer savy, and I don't think it would take me long to catch on to all this but it would be nice to have someone there just in case I messed up. I definitely learn better hands on than reading text off my screen... Anyone interested in making a few extra $$$???
  2. sboman_32

sboman_32 New Member

Okay so maybe that post made it sound like I'm totally lost... I'm not, I know a good bit I'd just like one of you "smart kids" to look over my shoulder while I do this...
  3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

We have plenty of people who will help you and not ask for a dime. That is what the Droid Forums is about.
  4. sboman_32

sboman_32 New Member

ok.... so I want to root my dx. I should download SBF first and make a backup?
  5. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Thread moved for additional assistance.
  6. LtKen

LtKen New Member

So you have a couple of options. There are easy one-click options, and there are more complicated but still pretty easy options. The advantage of the former being the ease, and the advantage of the latter being the knowledge and understanding of the process (which is invaluable if you plan to do any more customization).

You dont really need to backup anything to root, since the process is more like installing an app than deleting anything.

This will link you to the easy way out -- make sure you understand what's happening. Have fun.

GUI DroidX Root Program - Windows Only - Droid X Rooting - AllDroid Public Board - GUI DroidX Root Program - Windows Only - Droid X Rooting - AllDroid Public Board - AllDroid.org > Home
  7. sboman_32

sboman_32 New Member

thanks a lot. I'll check this out when I get home :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  8. maderschramm

maderschramm New Member

as for the .sbf I wrote a pretty elaborate guide. it's stickied now at the top of this forum and it's also in my sig. check it out, shouldn't have any more questions about sbfing :laugh: