I'd Like to Thank Koush for Suppling two of........

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
I'd like to thank Koush for suppling the Rescue Squad, two copies of his ROM MANAGER, Free of Charge, So that the RS can get up to speed on how best to help the membership in their endeavorers using this Software.

Give the Squad a little bit of time to become familiar with ROM MANAGER.
I am sure with hands on use, they will understand it more fully shortly.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd like to thank Koush for suppling the Rescue Squad, two copies of his ROM MANAGER, Free of Charge, So that the RS can get up to speed on how best to help the membership in their endeavorers using this Software.

Give the Squad a little bit of time to become familiar with ROM MANAGER.
I am sure with hands on use, they will understand it more fully shortly.

That was VERY nice of him. I might have to get a copy of it and play around with it myself to see what I can get from it. Not many of the squad uses ROM MANAGER anyway, so him doing that was a very generous thing.

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Well, I already bought my copy because I decided to come back from stock (wanted to have knowledge of returning to stock using dmupdater) and i heard tell that Bugless beast was available via rom manager, so I'll go ahead and let other members of the squad take advantage of Koush's kindness. It's definitely shaping up to be just about the best utility for rooted Droids.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks Koush. As a member of the RS the more we understand the tools the better we will be prepared to assist other members.
Mike

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the donation Koush. I got my subscription about a week ago. You're constantly updating it and making it better. My only request would be to have a shortcut to allow you to go back to stock, sort of like DM does.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I thank koush and the DF staff for getting these copies out to assist the community. This kind of collaboration help the forum improve and look forward to seeing more of this type of work in the future.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I thank koush and the DF staff for getting these copies out to assist the community. This kind of collaboration help the forum improve and look forward to seeing more of this type of work in the future.

Agreed! Rom Manager has started some seriously AWESOME collaboration, and I'm looking forward to see where things go!

What I think would be epically awesome would be if users could pick/choose element of different roms within rom manager and then be able to install exactly what they wanted from each!

Maybe in the future...For now, this is DEFINITELY the next step in making things a LOT more simple whether you've been switching roms all along, or you're new to the root game!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Koush did a good job with rom manager. After using cyanogen mod 5.0.5 for the past 4 days,I can say this Rom runs cooler and smoother.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
OP
JimMariner

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
So, since my researching of Koush's "Rom Manager", And him donating to the Squad, I pulled the trigger and bought a copy for my personal use.

I really like how easy he has made it for us. I like the UI. The purchase was painless as all my purchases through Market have always been. I like the customization on the fly while picking the rom you want to install.

So far, I am liking this very much !!! :icon_ banana:

And Again Koush, Thank You For Supporting the Rescue Squad !!!

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
So, since my researching of Koush's "Rom Manager", And him donating to the Squad, I pulled the trigger and bought a copy for my personal use.

I really like how easy he has made it for us. I like the UI. The purchase was painless as all my purchases through Market have always been. I like the customization on the fly while picking the rom you want to install.

So far, I am liking this very much !!! :icon_ banana:

And Again Koush, Thank You For Supporting the Rescue Squad !!!
From what I've seen from using it so far it looks very simplified. I will mess with downloading a ROM later because the connection at the school here is horrible.

dave4100

Reaction score
My only request would be to have a shortcut to allow you to go back to stock, sort of like DM does.

Done and done!
I believe I would need the sbf files put back on my phone to allow me to go all the way back to factory stock. I tried going back to stock from the settings and it only took me back to the last rom I had installed. I had to re-set my email and such, but it wasn't all the way back to 2.0.1 and unrooted.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My only request would be to have a shortcut to allow you to go back to stock, sort of like DM does.

Done and done!

Thanks for the donation Koush.

I tried the free version Saturday and Rom Manager went smooth. I posted my results on Cyanogen and will have to try that again as it wasn't running so smooth for me. It works good for others and I didn't wipe cache and data so that may have been the issue. All apps worked fine except the Market, which is an important one:)

I'd like to see, if it hasn't been done yet, to see the "flash alternative recovery" be labled for what it is "flash sprecovery" to cut down on confusion. I've also seen posts where this option was grayed out for both paid and nonpaid versions of Rom Manager. I don't know if this was because they lost root or it was some other issue.

Over the weekend there were a bunch of "I lost root, I lost su, can't unroot" issues that folks spent hours working on. Effort was concentrated on getting these folks a functioning phone back but the root cause of what happened is unknown. They all used clockwork and rom manager but those apps in themselves may not have been the issue, it could have been a conflict with some other app or existing condition.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Done and done!
I believe I would need the sbf files put back on my phone to allow me to go all the way back to factory stock. I tried going back to stock from the settings and it only took me back to the last rom I had installed. I had to re-set my email and such, but it wasn't all the way back to 2.0.1 and unrooted.

If you need help getting back to stock we can help; but this particular thread was to thank koush. And you do not need an sbf file. Just flash droidmod and click back to stock to unroot.