Id Like to start a trading thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonKENy

Reaction score
Figured Id ask here first

What I was thinking was starting a thread where ppl list what consoles and games they have and then we could borrow from each other. All we would pay is S&H

Like I would pay to ship a game John wants to borrow to John and John would Pay to Ship a game Jane wants to her etc.

It all washes out cause in turn someone would be paying to ship to you.

I few other forums ive been on we did this with books, movies and Games. You COULD do it with PC games but CD keys get messy sometimes.

We could limit it to people who have been around awhile or have some upstanding rep in the forum. Theres always gonna be the occasional person who takes advantage but they will be few and far between im sure and easily found out.

What does everyone think?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Figured Id ask here first

What I was thinking was starting a thread where ppl list what consoles and games they have and then we could borrow from each other. All we would pay is S&H

Like I would pay to ship a game John wants to borrow to John and John would Pay to Ship a game Jane wants to her etc.

It all washes out cause in turn someone would be paying to ship to you.

I few other forums ive been on we did this with books, movies and Games. You COULD do it with PC games but CD keys get messy sometimes.

We could limit it to people who have been around awhile or have some upstanding rep in the forum. Theres always gonna be the occasional person who takes advantage but they will be few and far between im sure and easily found out.

What does everyone thing?

I don't think so. Here's how I look at it. We are a Droid Forum, not eBay or Craig's list. I think that putting that up there would also lead to people buyings/selling/trading Droids and we don't allow that. It would be an area that mods would have to pay special attention too. Then what happens when somebody doesn't hold up their end of the bargain?

As far as restricting it to people who've been here for a while, that wouldn't be fair for new members. I think your heart is in the right place but I don't see our Forum as the place to do it.

OP
MonKENy

MonKENy

Reaction score
this has nothing to do with androids,

its in a general topics section,

no need to restrict to longer members just an idea. It def brings a community together.

Since the person shipping pays the cost theres nothing to lose so no one is really left in a pickle.

how would swapping a xbox game lead to buy or selling a droid? also I should mention that the only way to get something is to have something to offer. That way it keeps the circle fair.

Like I said ive done this on a few diff forums and its always worked well.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
the link I posted is where we will be handling selling and trading stuff. That is the only place where any type of trading will be allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.