I'd like to DELETE Verizon's pre-installed contacts from my Razr HD.

S3NTYN3L

Reaction score
I've got root and AntTek file manager...

I'm fine with them being hidden if it wasn't for the fact that Handcent will still display them in the compose dropdown when you start typing a contact name.
For example, I start typing the first two letters of my wife's name (Ro), and Handcent will return her name (Roxanne) AND also return #PMT.
I get similar results when doing the same with a co-workers name. In that case I end up getting his name returned as well as #BAL. I've no idea how the heck To (Tommy) equates to #BAL, but whatever...

Anywho, can any of you droid gurus point me to the Verizon Contact Account files so I can either delete the damn contacts from them OR change their phone type from "mobile" to "home"?
The beauty of Handcent is that it has the option of NOT returning contacts if they haven't a number stored as "mobile".

I know, this is a major nitpick, but I'd rather go this route than delete my beloved Handcent.

And, FWIW, yes, I've tried blacklisting the Verizon contacts and the STILL show up in the list...

Thanks in advance!:hail:

Nealius

Reaction score
You can remove them by editing your contact on Google. I went thru gmail to do it. Click the down arrow next to gmail from your pc, choose contacts. Edit or remove.

OP
S

S3NTYN3L

Reaction score
You can remove them by editing your contact on Google. I went thru gmail to do it. Click the down arrow next to gmail from your pc, choose contacts. Edit or remove.

They're not on Google nor GMail. They were pre-installed along with all the other BS by Verizon onto the phone itself.

Again, I'm talking about the #PMT, #BAL type crap...

OP
S

S3NTYN3L

Reaction score
OK, I've figured it out for anyone else wondering...

Hit up Google Play and download Go Contacts EX.
Open up the app and delete til your heart's content.
Then you can uninstall the app if you're so inclined.

Done. Stupid pre-installed contacts gone forever (or, at least, until your next update)...

I find it really sad that Verizon would prohibit us from deleting them in the first place.
Especially since, now that I've found the work-around, it's so damn easy to rid myself of them...:angry:

scc2651

Reaction score
just go to People, hit the settings and select delete. wont delete them but hides them.

OP
S

S3NTYN3L

Reaction score
Why the necro people!?

Please read the thread...
You'll see that I answered my own question with post 6...

Not only that, but I stated in my OP that I was fine with them being hidden.
Meaning, I already know how to hide the contacts.

Please read and comprehend a thread before blindly replying...