ics

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
is 247 official? because I'm pretty sure i read some people thought 246 was official.
Best bet is to run 232 and wait for the ota and just do that. at least thats what i'm doing.

The only "official" update will be the one that goes out OTA, at best the leaks are/were potential updates. Part of the reasoning if the leak will be the official one is how well the leak works and how long it has been out. If there's no new leak after 3 weeks, there's hope that the last one will be "the one."

That being said, .232 seems to be the best route at the moment as you have the option of going back to .905 if you need to.

bbtkd

Reaction score

bbtkd

Reaction score
The only "official" update will be the one that goes out OTA, at best the leaks are/were potential updates. Part of the reasoning if the leak will be the official one is how well the leak works and how long it has been out. If there's no new leak after 3 weeks, there's hope that the last one will be "the one."

That being said, .232 seems to be the best route at the moment as you have the option of going back to .905 if you need to.

Why bother with .232 at this point - who cares about getting back to .905? If you're going to take a risk to install a leak just go for .247, HOB will get you back on track in the very slight chance it isn't the released version (despite insider info that it is). HOB will trick the update into thinking you are on .905, allowing the update. Or just wait a few days for the OTA.

jughead75

Reaction score
jayrod said:
I wouldn't say the ENTIRE thread...some of those posting got a tad bit off topic once or twenty times :D

Sent from my . 247 House of BIONIC Edition

Off topic? I don't remember ever once...... bacon pancakes with a side of meat Popsicles ........ getting off topic. Sure, once in awhile a movie reference was thrown out but that's it.

bbtkd

Reaction score
Off topic? I don't remember ever once...... bacon pancakes with a side of meat Popsicles ........ getting off topic. Sure, once in awhile a movie reference was thrown out but that's it.

You make a MOOT point...

jayrod

Reaction score

Now now, let's not ninja zombie midget velociraptors this cheese with nonsense.

Sent from my . 247 House of BIONIC Edition

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why bother with .232 at this point - who cares about getting back to .905?

Just if there was a problem and the phone needed to be taken to Verizon or returned. It's up to the phone owner.

kurumatt

Reaction score
Just if there was a problem and the phone needed to be taken to Verizon or returned. It's up to the phone owner.

I got a replacement phone. Fortunately for me i was on 232 and able to go back to 905 when i handed it in. Otherwise im pretty sure they would have just said screw you.

Reaction score
Not to takeover the thread but I don't wanna make another ICS thread. So seeing as the soak test has begun, what time are we likely seeing the OTA being released. Seeing as other phones have also had soak tests and whatnot, what was their time between the soak test and the official release?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not to takeover the thread but I don't wanna make another ICS thread. So seeing as the soak test has begun, what time are we likely seeing the OTA being released. Seeing as other phones have also had soak tests and whatnot, what was their time between the soak test and the official release?

Take a look at http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...3-ics-soak-test-has-begun-15.html#post2302580 We may be seeing the soak on the 19th with the OTA a week later.

Droid 51

Reaction score
You didn't take anything over you just basically posted a link to a tread topic about the actual ota or (soak) so there is 2 treads on it now which means double the Q AND A :)

Status
Not open for further replies.