ics?

Atom702

Reaction score
Has anyone pulled down the unofficial ics leak? And if so, was a factory restore necessary as was the case between froyo and gingerbread? Waiting for the ota, just wondered if I should back up and restore after the update.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Several people around here are running various leaks of ICS. As with every major update, you don't have to do a factory restore (it wasn't necessary between any two versions of Android, including Froyo and Gingerbread), but many people will tell you that it's an incredibly good idea to do so, including myself. Clearing out the phone helps to prevent several potential issues that might arise. Personally, I always do a reset right before installing the update and right after installing the update. It makes things good and clean for the new OS. It's not necessary to wipe anything (the updates are designed so that you don't have to), but it's a good idea to do it if you're able.

OP
Atom702

Atom702

Reaction score
I thought that was the case. Doing a restore between 2.2 and 2.3 helped my x quite a bit. Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums