Ics?

Guinnessfreak

Reaction score
So what is the under over on when we may see ICS? There are some apps that I would like to use that are only available on ICS. If we are looking at months I am going to root and be done with it.

djsiva

Reaction score
I had basically shelved my tab, but decided to pull it out today and play with it. Spent 20 minutes changing things from stock rooted GB to AOKP ICS and I'm loving it again.

nocaldawg

Reaction score
I don't think it will ever receive an official ics update. Installed an ics Rom last weekend and it works like a charm.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

pizza3

Reaction score
Guy on Android Central is reporting that the ICS update is rolling out NOW for 3G in Italy and wifi in the UK. I believe what they speak in the UK is similar to what we speak in the US. Does it not follow as page 417 follows page 416 that we should be getting it here very soon as well even if we don't have a House of Lords?

pizza3

Reaction score
Is it here?

Some people at Android Central are reporting that they have downloaded OTA the ICS update (250+ megs). Other, including yours truly, have gotten the standard message, "No Updates Available". Someone suggested that they are rolling this out regionally or incrementally to avoid a server overload. Someone else said that it had been available earlier in the morning but not available now. This seems to indicate that they are rolling it out piecemeal and that they are not very good at this. Does anyone know if this puppy might be available as a separate download that could be installed on our own? Or is this all just a mass illusion?

pizza3

Reaction score
Updated

I actually updated a while ago using the Kies program via cable to my pc. It took some doing but it was worth it with the additional benefits of updating the firmware at the same time. Can't say I see any dramatic change, and YMMV.