ics

shamus

Reaction score
I think a good rule of thumb is if anyone prefaces their statement with "I talked to a Verizon rep" or "I have a friend who works for Verizon", it is safe to move on. Verizon employees know surprising little about the products they peddle, and the answers they do give are more "educated" guesses.

True. Their statements are usually furthest from the truth.

KGreis

Reaction score
Mine has had system update not available. Since saturday lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

KGreis

Reaction score
And i got the phone the first week it came out does that mean im more likely to get the ota sooner than later?

John Gi

Reaction score
No i don't think so, i just got my RAZR last week, and i sign up for the soak test a few days ago

T

TheAlpha

Sometimes it's a pre-release just to test the release process. Sometimes it's to test the software itself to make sure there are no final bugs they've missed. It's typically the final stage of testing before the official release to the public - users who sign up at the MFN (Moto Feedback Network) are chosen, supposedly at random, to partake in the soak test.

Mine's been doing that since last night as well. *fingers crossed*

Honestly, you do kinda have to learn to wade through stuff and decide for yourself. Rumors abound, and while the "leakers" have their contacts and verify sources as much as they can, the fact of the matter is even if they are true, things change when it comes to software releases.

Thank you

SaintJimmy08

Reaction score
I've also been reading that we may need to unroot the phones before updating (May just be people blowing smoke). Does anyone know for sure?

T

TheAlpha

Sometimes it's a pre-release just to test the release process. Sometimes it's to test the software itself to make sure there are no final bugs they've missed. It's typically the final stage of testing before the official release to the public - users who sign up at the MFN (Moto Feedback Network) are chosen, supposedly at random, to partake in the soak test.

Mine's been doing that since last night as well. *fingers crossed*

Honestly, you do kinda have to learn to wade through stuff and decide for yourself. Rumors abound, and while the "leakers" have their contacts and verify sources as much as they can, the fact of the matter is even if they are true, things change when it comes to software releases.

Where exactly do I sign up for it on the site?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Where exactly do I sign up for it on the site?

Well they changed things up recently... first you have to sign up on the Motorola Owner's Forum. Then you register your device, and in the process of registering your device, it will ask if you want to be included in future MFN tests.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is everyone sure we aren't getting things mixed up? Here is the link to the chart from MM:

https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c

N
otice,

MOTOROLA RAZRAsia Pacific, Canada, China, EMEA, Japan, Korea & LATAMDevelopmentRollouts begin in Q2 2012.

For the US?

DROID RAZRUSAEvaluation & PlanningFurther details to follow.

This smacks of the Asia Et al rollout, not the USA roll-out.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is everyone sure we aren't getting things mixed up? Here is the link to the chart from MM:

https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c

N
otice,

MOTOROLA RAZRAsia Pacific, Canada, China, EMEA, Japan, Korea & LATAMDevelopmentRollouts begin in Q2 2012.

For the US?

DROID RAZRUSAEvaluation & PlanningFurther details to follow.

This smacks of the Asia Et al rollout, not the USA roll-out.

I had that thought early on... but that Best Buy thing threw all of that historical information out the window!

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Plus the ICS leak for the Razr that's pretty darn solid...

Exalted911

Reaction score
In case you guys havent noticed, there are updates to all the bloatware from vrz. if you read some of the updates it says added support for ics. dont know if it means anything but I get the feeling ics is around the corner.

destriyer751

Reaction score
Can you be sure though? I just walked out of the Verizon store in my town and they said it wont be any time soon.....and as far as the soak test "my friend" was selected and did the survey and agreed to the terms and was selected...but havent got the soak test download yet

Soak testing has started and i just called vzw the roll out phase is today and tomorrow