Ics???!

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible 2' started by kevozworld, Mar 18, 2012.

1. tjb90291

tjb90291 New Member

Iphone gets updates to all of them because they run the same builds and such android isnt done that way so there fore it takes more time be patient it will be worth it

Sent from my HTC Incredible 2.
  2. EVoorhees

EVoorhees New Member

iOS is a operating system that runs on all Apple mobile devices. Every Apple mobile device is built specifically to run iOS. Apple implements new features so some devices are old, outdated, and left in the dark. It's really confusing, I know. xD
  3. Julez2012

Julez2012 New Member

iPhones aren't good. Eveything my Dinc2 does, I would have to JB an iPhone. I enjoyed having a JB iTouch, but JB gets OLD after awhile. I love the Android OS, sure ICS isn't out yet, and I'm an impatiant kid with ADD who looks up when the update arrives during school...but what I'm trying to say is, "the joys of ICS come to those who wait." I've been waiting for six months for ICS, but then I try to focus on something else to keep me busy, HTC is taking their sweet time, but the joys of ICS will be here, and it'll be like a holiday for me. I was SO happy when Gingerbread came out, because I was running on Froyo, but I didn't notice anything different, but my phone seemed more stable. So, yeah, let HTC take their time, and let them fix the bugs, THEN we might get the ICS by summer or something! :D
  4. Durania

Durania New Member

I just hope they don't load the ICS build down with a metric ton of Verizon bloatware.
  5. Julez2012

Julez2012 New Member

That would suck. Verizon has so much bloatware its INSANE. Its like they don't want you to have room for anything else on the phone or something. I don't even USE the bloatware, except maybe Backup Assistant. Its saved me numerous times. :)
  6. EVoorhees

EVoorhees New Member

Oh jeez. That would be bad. As it is now, HTC has a tab where you can see all the stuff you dont want. Oh, the fun.
  7. Julez2012

Julez2012 New Member

I just read on droidlife that the SU for Dinc2 has been approved, but the OTA is delayed. :/ I'm not completely sure if its an update to ICS though. I hope it is:)
  8. kevozworld

kevozworld New Member

Well, I appreciate all the input and opinionated replies from everyone. Even if some of them were extremely negative. I am going to purchase an iPhone when I get home this coming week. I just want to try a new phone and OS for a change.

Ok? No negative thoughts towards you hardcore android people. I like my Droid INC2 alot, I'm just pretty much bored of it. I thought getting ICS a little sooner would keep me on the device after spicing things up a bit. Oh well.
  9. Krennel

Krennel New Member

I wish all of luck you mate. I had an iPhone for a while, and still have an iPod touch and my wife has an iPad, there is nothing wrong with Apple products and their OS in general. Apple as a company however, that is another matter entirely.

I pretty much switched because with Apple's OS because I can customize Android with widgets and whatnot, whereas all you get on iOS is icons. That and the map over there doesn't have a GPS function, and it felt like I had to do multiple steps with things that take me one step with Android. It is also very locked down. Cant change your default browser, fonts, things of the like. The only thing I do miss from iOS is being able to import my Outlook mail.

I'm not trying to bash you or push you back toward Android in any way, just giving you my two cents on my experience between the two operating systems and letting you make a decision, but I will say this. If you managed to get bored with Android that quickly, then iOS will wear off on you much more quickly.

Cheers:icon_ peace:
  10. kevozworld

kevozworld New Member

Wait, so did you own the iPhone or the Android first? And I was beginning to worry about that GPS feature too. I rely heavily on that when I'm going places with friends.
  11. Krennel

Krennel New Member

I had the iPhone first. I got the 4 last January when it initially came to Verizon, and traded in August when the Dinc2's started to get to a good contract price.

As far as the GPS function goes, the built in map on iOS doesn't have turn by turn built in. My favorite app I used (and my sister sill uses) on iOS is Waze. Definately doesn't compare to Google Maps however.

On a side note to that, you also can't click on an address and have it go to a set maps app. You have to physically copy the address, open up the app, paste the address, and on some GPS apps, punch in your current address, then punch go. Way too many steps just to find out where you are going. Siri can input into the built in maps app, if she happens to understand you.

Apple has been talking about adding the click functionality and the turn by turn directions in, but they are having trouble going around patents, and I'm sure they don't want to look like they are copying Android features again.

TL;DR: If GPS is a big thing for you, Apple will work, but Android is most definately superior in this case.

- Kren
  12. Lownignitus

Lownignitus New Member

Unless the iPhone 5 has a major hardware upgrade. It will pale compared to any high end android phone like the Maxx or Nexus.

Nit trolling or anything, but the 4s hardware does not impress me one bit.

Other question is why upgrade to the 4s in the 2nd quater when the iPhone 5 is rumored to come out in 3rd to 4th? Why be stuck with inferior hardware for 2 yrs?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  13. Krennel

Krennel New Member

This is also very true. I'm sure Apple is in the course of doing a hardware revamp after the HTC One and Galaxy 3 have come out.

Sent from Sector 001
  14. summit21

summit21 New Member

Can anyone say thread hijack.... is there any update as to when the DInc2 will get ICS?
  15. Krennel

Krennel New Member

If there is one thing I know how to do well, its hijack a thread.

I don't think there has been any official time from HTC on when any of the models they plan to upgrade will be upgraded. Most people are still guessing Q3-4 for the Dinc2.

Sent from Sector 001
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  16. EVoorhees

EVoorhees New Member

Best of luck. :D
  17. EVoorhees

EVoorhees New Member

There have been some models that have been upgraded to ICS already. Nevertheless, the devices upgraded were mostly on AT&T. As someone stated before, it had been said that the ICS update for the INCREDIBLE 2 has been approved but OTA is taking a nice time with itself.
  18. Krennel

Krennel New Member

Eh, that's the Big Red for ya. For some reason they always balk at putting big updates out.
  19. EVoorhees

EVoorhees New Member

That is true. When I got my phone, it was outdated and OTA took its sweet time. In the end, we are all getting a long past due update.
  20. romedroidman

romedroidman New Member

I had heard sometime in May for the IC2, but if that should not come to pass, cometh ye not to my abode with pitchforks and flaming sticks. It's just what I heard.
Search tags for this page
adr6350 ics update

droid incredible 2 release date

incredible 2 release date