Ics???!

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible 2' started by kevozworld, Mar 18, 2012.

1. kevozworld

kevozworld New Member

Enough is enough!!! If I don't get Icecream Sandwich by April, I'm quitting Android for good! I'm tired of all this unnecessary fragmentation! Does anyone else agree that this constant waiting for the newest update (in spite of rooting) is a little ridiculous?

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums
  2. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Well-Known Member

No offense but you should consider yourself lucky you're even on the upgrade list. Newer and more powerful phones were left out in the cold.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  3. kevozworld

kevozworld New Member

That's my point exactly though. And for all I know, DIC2 won't even get it till the second half of the year. Might as well use my upgrade that's coming next week.

4. syndicate0017

The manufacturer skins certainly cause issues but they also promote differentiation. I'd say if you have an upgrade, take it without looking back. Nothing against the Dinc2 but even with ICS (whenever it gets it) it won't run up to par with some of the newer Androids.

5. kevozworld

kevozworld New Member

True. How is that Galaxy Nexus? Do you like it a lot?

6. syndicate0017

Could not imagine having made a better choice. I absolutely love it. There is no better phone if you're into rooting, romming, and custom kernels. Battery life is average and the camera is solid. Some have experienced issues but I've been fortunate enough to avoid such.

7. kevozworld

kevozworld New Member

That sounds pretty cool. I might go check that out in the store.

8. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I think that the constant complaining about not having the latest OS is unnecessary. What do you have that's fragmented? I have a bionic and I don't see fragmentation. But I imagine I use my phone differently then you use yours.

I said this yesterday, I'll say it again. I've have never owned a single touch screen phone (including the infamous Blackberry Storm) that got an update that wasn't totally underwhelming. I want ICS too but it will get here when it gets here. I'll bet when it does get here you'll see so many complaints your eyes will pop out.
  9. kevozworld

kevozworld New Member

Anyways..... I'm going to check out some more phone and see what's worth upgrading to.

10. PereDroid

PereDroid Well-Known Member

Bazillion % agree.
    What is the killer feature that you want from ICS? Let me guess... there isn't one you just want the latest and greatest.
    • You bought a phone with Froyo on it. And it worked really well.
    • HTC then updated it to Gingerbread. They never promised you when you bought your phone that you would get this upgrade.
    • Phone still runs great.
    • HTC promises to give us ICS.
    They don't HAVE to do any of this. HTC is one of the better companies when it comes to updating phones.
    And you want to whine about it.
    Really?

My stock phone runs great. I have no complaints. If iI get an update to ICS before I can upgrade I will be very appreciative. If I don't... I still enjoy my phone.

Sorry but someone had to say it. The sense of entitlement of some folks is just astounding....
    And the impatience. My god. They need time to make sure it won't screw up anything. This stuff doesn't happen over night.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  11. kevozworld

kevozworld New Member

Both of your replies were completely unnecessary. Idk why you had to blow this whole thing completely out of proportion. All I was saying is, I'm tired of not having the latest version of android. Why bother releasing something if you're not going to allow everyone to use it? It makes NO sense.

And with that said, my next phone will be an iPhone. Don't bother blowing up my post with any more ignorant angry comments about nothing.

12. devator22

devator22 New Member

Hmm...so you'd rather have an iphone? Will you go make an angry post in one of the Apple modder threads when your phone won't work anymore because you updated to the latest version of ios and the updates apple puts out are designed to kill older phones? It's about the money, son, and htc doesn't make any updating your phone. But they do, because they care about their customers. We will get it eventually, and it will be awesome.

But, I digress. I hope you enjoy your forced obsolescence...opps, I mean iphone.

Sent from my mobile typewriter with tapatalk
  13. kevozworld

kevozworld New Member

Can you even justify that statement? When have you ever seen an iOS update (which is sent to to pretty much EVERY iPhone, unlike Android) "kill" a phone? Because I sure haven't. And every one of my friends who has one hasn't experienced that.

We get your point, Die Hard Android fan. I'm not hating on Android, I just want a consistant experience with my next mobile phone.

14. jntdroid

jntdroid DF Super Moderator Premium Member

Let's keep it cool... the OP backed off initially, so let's try and keep it civil. He's entitled to his opinion, as are those who disagree with him, but just keep it civil and respectful.

And Pere... I LOVE that video! :)
  15. summit21

summit21 New Member

I read it was to be released sometime in March. They still have almost 2 weeks to fulfill that rumor.
  16. nikecar

nikecar New Member

I know many people with iPhones that don't have the latest iOS 5.x on their phones. They are completly oblivious as to what it can do (mainly that pull down Android notification bar). they are perfectly happy with what they got now.

As another PP said, what difference will you notice with ICS? Its like buying a car. You have an 20xx model car. The next year they come out with a redesign and add X+Y features. Did your car fail in every way possible that you need to return it and get this new latest model?

You buy a 47" TV, top of the line. Next superbowl comes around and they add X features. Do you run out to get a new TV and scrape your less than 1yo set?

No?

I'd like ICS, but I'm happy with mine. If I never got ICS, I'm pleased with the performance and the OS I do have. I could understand having a top of the line phone (say the Razr or a Rezound or something) and they say you will never get ICS. I'd be a bit more pissed as they are newer and more powerful phones.

But itsa the OP's choice to go to an iPhone. I call the bluff though. I'd like to find out in May what he did.
  17. PereDroid

PereDroid Well-Known Member

Roger that.
    ;)

But Apple certainly does kill off phones. Anyone still have a 3G? That killed killed with the 5.0 update. And When the next phone comes out, the 3GS will be history. ANd so on and so on. They all do it Kev.
  18. Krennel

Krennel New Member

Some of their phones are supposed to get ICS in the first quarter of the year. I'd say the Dinc2 won't get it until quarter 3-4.
  19. mgullick

mgullick New Member

ICS Change

I don't root or use custom ROMs. I don't even use a custom launcher. I'm pretty happy with the phone the way it is with a few minor cosmetic changes (clock skin, weather skin, etc.). I think the only "must have" feature of ICS that I want is that the home screen should do landscape mode. I'll probably manage to struggle on with things the way they are until the update comes.
  20. EVoorhees

EVoorhees New Member

HTC has responded to this MANY times in the past. They have release ICS to some devices (primarily on AT&T) because they have finalized Sense to work correctly with ICS. You could follow their Facebook page and ask them there. I don't think that rooting your phone at the moment to get ICS is worth the time. And ICS is barely on to any Android devices (counting ones that did not come with it already installed.) It's coming soon enough.
Search tags for this page
adr6350 ics update

droid incredible 2 release date

incredible 2 release date