Ics

Discussion in 'Droid X2 Development' started by ckburks, Nov 15, 2011.

1. ckburks

ckburks Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I can quit dreaming of this update answer a question if someone can.... Since most of the camera is software based... Do anyone think an x2 will have zero shutter lag with the upgrade?
    Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

2. tamlin42

tamlin42 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm hoping for a yes, but I'm going to guess No. Press materials mention it as a feature of the Galaxy Nexus, not ICS.
    Also, while I'm very optimistic that we will get ICS on the X2 (personal opinion, nothing to back it up yet.), it is very possible that it will not happen.
    Our bootloader is still locked, and that isn't likely to change unless Project Cheesecake bears some awesome fruit, and who knows if or when that will happen.
    It's been officially released, as source code, for unlocked devices with a large modding community (which is not the X2. very unpopular phone.) so within the next six weeks we should have official word from Moto about ICS or no, for the X2.

Zero Shutter Lag is a nice feature, but I'm slightly more excited about the new system font. Which even we can get now.

3. toyotaking88

toyotaking88 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't seen the new font, I wonder if it will be available on rom toolbox?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

4. cobravnm13

cobravnm13 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +34
    I think I saw the Roboto font in ROM Toolbox. I have it installed on my D2, although I downloaded it off DroidLife.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

5. ckburks

ckburks Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well poop... I was looking forward to a better camera...i know it's just a phone and I've got a real camera... But I've always got my phone on me and not the camera. The font looks cool and toolbox makes it nice... Think I change mine every other day...

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums