ICS Won't Install

Jayhelms07

Reaction score
Been trying to install ICS on my Droid RAZR MAXX for three days. Talked to Verizon support several times. ICS will download fine. I hit the install button-phone reboots and starts the download. After 10 minutes or so all
looks weel then I get a message saying that software update failed. Tried hard reset, soft reset, factory reset. Tried via wifi and without wifi. Technical support is clueless at this point.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks.

Jay

dbitt59

Reaction score
are u rooted ? have u froze or deleted any bloatware? do u have safestrap or anything like that installed?

omar908

Reaction score
Had same issue :/ had to flash to .181 (even though i was stocked) with matts utility 1.6 it did the trick but it erases everything so make backup

tarsen

Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Had same issue :/ had to flash to .181 (even though i was stocked) with matts utility 1.6 it did the trick but it erases everything so make backup[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]I did flash back to .181. Still can not get ICS installed. Seem I still have root somewhere in the system. When I try to update I get "Motorala account required". When I answer "Setup" it tries to communicate with the server and then says I need a data connection. I have all the data options enabled.
Any ideas on how to correct this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any help

Tom A.
[/FONT]

bhupp26

Reaction score
i am having this same problem and i am rooted can't figure it out

omar908

Reaction score
tarsen said:
Had same issue :/ had to flash to .181 (even though i was stocked) with matts utility 1.6 it did the trick but it erases everything so make backup

I did flash back to .181. Still can not get ICS installed. Seem I still have root somewhere in the system. When I try to update I get "Motorala account required". When I answer "Setup" it tries to communicate with the server and then says I need a data connection. I have all the data options enabled.
Any ideas on how to correct this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any help

Tom A.

Well let's try this once ur doing the update click both volume buttons and see what it says when it fails, or i think if your rooted you can find it in cache/logs or something like tht using root explorer

tarsen

Reaction score
I have tried to use Matt's utility both DroidRazrUtility1.7forICS and RazrUtilityLinux173Full.zip with no success. Spent a lot of time this morning. I now have .181 but the root is not working. I will wait until Monday and go to the store I bought the phone from and talk to an expert in rooting. Hope he can help.

I don't have any other ideas now.

Tom A.

Robotics

Reaction score
Been trying to install ICS on my Droid RAZR MAXX for three days. Talked to Verizon support several times. ICS will download fine. I hit the install button-phone reboots and starts the download. After 10 minutes or so all
looks weel then I get a message saying that software update failed. Tried hard reset, soft reset, factory reset. Tried via wifi and without wifi. Technical support is clueless at this point.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks.

Jay

Don't know if you have the phone plugged into the wall charger of anything USB, but don't have it plugged into anything and give it a try.

Mine failed twice, and I just happened to be plugged into the wall charger. Got home and didn't plug in anything and got the update and installed, with no problem. Not sure if it really had anything to do with it, but it worked for me.

omar908

Reaction score
tarsen said:
I have tried to use Matt's utility both DroidRazrUtility1.7forICS and RazrUtilityLinux173Full.zip with no success. Spent a lot of time this morning. I now have .181 but the root is not working. I will wait until Monday and go to the store I bought the phone from and talk to an expert in rooting. Hope he can help.

I don't have any other ideas now.

Tom A.

Wait if you flashed it to .181 your root should have been gone, have you tried the 1.6 instead of 1.7 i heard tht 1.6 is better to use

tarsen

Reaction score
I am running on a Macbook and thought that 1.7 was for Mac. If it is only a shell file and not a bat file I could use 1.6. Today I am calling Verizon *611 to see if they have any help with Motorola Service Account that is stopping me from getting the OTA for ICS.

Tom A.

omar908

Reaction score
tarsen said:
I am running on a Macbook and thought that 1.7 was for Mac. If it is only a shell file and not a bat file I could use 1.6. Today I am calling Verizon *611 to see if they have any help with Motorola Service Account that is stopping me from getting the OTA for ICS.

Tom A.

Oh i am sorry i wasn't aware of that, plus i don't know alot about macs, Verizon will probably say factory reset >.< so save your files

tarsen

Reaction score
I have done a lot of factory resets. I did have Titanium before all this and I assume that all will be there. Verizon did go through all they could and then said they would send me a new phone (under warranty). Still may check with my root expert before I switch.

Tom A.

omar908

Reaction score
tarsen said:
I have done a lot of factory resets. I did have Titanium before all this and I assume that all will be there. Verizon did go through all they could and then said they would send me a new phone (under warranty). Still may check with my root expert before I switch.

Tom A.

Well atleast you will be able to get ics with the new phone, and if your root expert figures out a solution let us know so those with the problem may fix it, thank you