ics...verizon email problem

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
I have verizon wireless email and ever since the download i have not been recieving notifications in my status bar of new emails, i have tried deleting the account and re opening it and i even set the sync for every 5 minutes...idk what else to try...anyone else having this problem?????!!!!!

killer428

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Nexus 6
Twitter
04Mystichrome
I am also having problem
If you can figure it out let me know, please.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

4TTubes

Reaction score
Just a thought.....Have you tried doing a reboot? Power button plus down volume together.
After upgrading to ICS my email didn't work either until I rebooted. All is good now.

OP
Coulterjosh

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
I am also having problem
If you can figure it out let me know, please.

Ok I figured it out so whoever is having trouble with email that is not syncing on its own you might need to do this... first you need the power thingy bar that is shown in the one picture and then you need to select the sync choice shown in the second picture...hope this helps you all...... (sorry for not knowing the correct terms):biggrin:

View attachment 52156View attachment 52157

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Moving to the ics forum. :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

madredi5

Reaction score
email issues with ICS upgrade

Thanks! Coulterjosh,that was the fix! I too had re installed my email programs and rebooted. I already had the power bar for my wifi toggle but never really looked at the rest of the icons on it! I would assume that there is somewhere else to allow sync without the power bar but as I already had it, it was the easiest fix.

jaybogg

Reaction score
Thanks! Coulterjosh,that was the fix! I too had re installed my email programs and rebooted. I already had the power bar for my wifi toggle but never really looked at the rest of the icons on it! I would assume that there is somewhere else to allow sync without the power bar but as I already had it, it was the easiest fix.

Played around a bit and realized the SYNC toggle on power bar is same as ACCOUNTS/ADVANCED SETUP/ACCOUNTS AND SYNC. There is a slider switch beside the words "ACCOUNTS AND SYNC", Slider says "OFF/ON". This is the switch within the Accounts App that does the same thing as the power bar SYNC. Change it in either place and the other switch follows the change you made.

madredi5

Reaction score
Played around a bit and realized the SYNC toggle on power bar is same as ACCOUNTS/ADVANCED SETUP/ACCOUNTS AND SYNC. There is a slider switch beside the words "ACCOUNTS AND SYNC", Slider says "OFF/ON". This is the switch within the Accounts App that does the same thing as the power bar SYNC. Change it in either place and the other switch follows the change you made.

That's where I would have looked had I a chance. I know some users will not want the power bar. I find the wifi toggle extremely useful as I work in a school and often am blocked from web access through the district portal. Makes my life easier to just toggle. I am liking ICS so far. Thanks!

killer428

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Nexus 6
Twitter
04Mystichrome
Hey thanks, CoulterJosh, for the help its greatly appreciated.

Sent on my DROID RAZR MAXX while driving.