ICS Upgrade on Razr - Mail Client Gone!

BornABruin

Reaction score
My phone did a automatic update this morning to ICS. That was the good news. The bad news is that the stock mail client (the one you access from the red and white Messaging icon) which was where I was accessing both a POP3 account, an Exchange mail account, and (rarely) text messages. When ICS finished installing it left me with the standard new apps button in the center but the Messaging button for the mail accounts and text was changed to a text messaging app. The old Messaging icon is nowhere to be seen -- its neither on the home screens nor in the Apps screen.

Is there a way to get the Messaging app back? I need this for both personal and work mail. My phone is an non-rooted phone.

TIA

SallyC

Reaction score
I'm not sure which app you are referring to. In my App drawer, there still is an app titled Email with a white envelope and a red @ coming out of it. Is this the app you mean? I don't use it so I'm not that familiar with it's functions.

OP
B

BornABruin

Reaction score
Yes, that's the one.

Yes, that's the one. Sorry -- I use that app multiple times a day but I never thought about what it looked like - until now.

Any ideas on how to bring it back?

Thanks for any suggestions.

I'm not sure which app you are referring to. In my App drawer, there still is an app titled Email with a white envelope and a red @ coming out of it. Is this the app you mean? I don't use it so I'm not that familiar with it's functions.

SallyC

Reaction score
I'm not sure why you don't have it. I upgraded to ICS and it's there. A factory reset is the only thing I can think of. Maybe someone else has another idea.

OP
B

BornABruin

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. My Razr is also running very slowly and occasionally that little asian woman's voice tells me that the battery is over temperature too. If I reset it then at least I know everything is clean.