ICS updated, keeps rebooting on certain...

SHAK3R

Reaction score
Installed ICS yesterday and everything except one thing is fine. Every time I open Tweetcastor my phone will reboot, this has happened 6x. It did happen one other time with another app but unfortunately can't remember Which one it was. Anyone else experiencing this. Thanks.

Sent from my Rezound using Droid Forums

OP
SHAK3R

SHAK3R

Reaction score
Sorry, but a shameless bump. There has to be someone that experienced this or something similar.

HowardZ

Reaction score
well, I do not use the tweetcaster app. Reading about it in the playstore it supports ICS. Maybe you should try making sure you have the latest version?

hollyk83

Reaction score
Installed ICS yesterday and everything except one thing is fine. Every time I open Tweetcastor my phone will reboot, this has happened 6x. It did happen one other time with another app but unfortunately can't remember Which one it was. Anyone else experiencing this. Thanks.

Mine keeps rebooting when using the places app. And.just now when I was on the browser. I tried HTC support and all they suggested was pull the battery out. So far places is working, but not the internet

Snoking

Reaction score
If it is opening Maps. There is a known bug with .10 and .12 OTA ICS and Maps 6.10.0. Uninstall updates for maps. If that fixes it, go get Maps 6.9.2 on the internet.

svdroiddude

Reaction score
I have Tweetcaster Pro though don't use it often....not a tweeter. I just checked it and it worked for me.

OP
SHAK3R

SHAK3R

Reaction score
HowardZ said:
well, I do not use the tweetcaster app. Reading about it in the playstore it supports ICS. Maybe you should try making sure you have the latest version?

Sorry for not responding sooner but that was the problem. I needed to upgrade the app. No issues from the time of his (HowardZ's) post. Thanks.

euchreman1022

Reaction score
If it is opening Maps. There is a known bug with .10 and .12 OTA ICS and Maps 6.10.0. Uninstall updates for maps. If that fixes it, go get Maps 6.9.2 on the internet.

Hi Rezound user here. I had the same problems and selected "Uninstall Updates" from the Manage Applications menu, and it uninstalled ALL updates that I've ever gotten for Maps (as opposed to just the most recent problematic one) and took me back to Maps 6.3, which I guess is what the phone shipped with. How does one install 6.9.2? Going to Google Play for the update will take you right back to 6.10 again.

Thanks,
Alan