Ics Update

ldubs

Reaction score
Ok new wrinkle. Ics automatically downloaded and I tried to install it tonight. It rebooted a couple of times and it booted back into gingerbread. Then it said software update failed. I saw a splash screen for an old version of safestrap which I was sure I had uninstalled. Temp unrooted with voodoo earlier. How do I completely uninstall safestrap? Help.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

peteriz

Reaction score
is anyone else not getting texts or being able to open most of their apps? i downloaded it at like 430 today and its not almost 8 where i am and im still having a ton of problems\\

edit: i remember last update i couldnt make/recieve calls or texts either but that only lasted about 20 minutes

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
is anyone else not getting texts or being able to open most of their apps? i downloaded it at like 430 today and its not almost 8 where i am and im still having a ton of problems\\

edit: i remember last update i couldnt make/recieve calls or texts either but that only lasted about 20 minutes

When I updated, I didn't have any phone or data for about 30 minutes. I did a lot of powering the phone down and then back up as well as a wiping of the cache.

sk102704

Reaction score
When I updated, I didn't have any phone or data for about 30 minutes. I did a lot of powering the phone down and then back up as well as a wiping of the cache.[/QUOTE]

I had the same issue, no problems now.

peteriz

Reaction score
ive reset it, as well as it freezing and resetting multiple times

rumblee1

Reaction score
I'm having issues too. ICS really slowed up my bionic and big, big battery appetite. Everyone says to follow a factory reset. But you need a day off to get this phone back to where you want it. I think, as much as I live moto phones, I'm going with the galaxy note 2 as soon as Verizon gets it.

wkwaggoner

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid turbo 2
display killing my battery

got it yesterday....display is killing my battery too....can't make 4-5 hours....turned it down to lowest setting, still not much better....seems slower somehow or not as responsive....saw somewhere it will take a few days to get back to the way it was before....i'll do a pull and see what happens....anyone else have any luck with power consumption....ics will take some getting used too as there are all new ways to do things....is there a place that i could read about all the features and how to do things? besides on the phone....after a long day, i prefer to sit at the desktop....tx all

ldubs

Reaction score
Ok new wrinkle. Ics automatically downloaded and I tried to install it tonight. It rebooted a couple of times and it booted back into gingerbread. Then it said software update failed. I saw a splash screen for an old version of safestrap which I was sure I had uninstalled. Temp unrooted with voodoo earlier. How do I completely uninstall safestrap? Help.

Ok I think I got rid of safestrap but still can't get ota to install. Thoughts?

pchmst

Reaction score
I upgraded using hob and now can't get safestrap to run. It installs but fails and closes.

I tried every version I could find a, d nothing.

Do I need/have to factory reset?

OP
XHaloX

XHaloX

Reaction score
Im not happy with ics at all.The keyboard is slow and my phone isnt responsive anymore.

Kobe24

Reaction score
XHaloX said:
Im not happy with ics at all.The keyboard is slow and my phone isnt responsive anymore.

Have you wiped cache or do a factory data reset?

Paul_Aris

Reaction score
How long did it take to update the media database during the install? Mine has been updating the media database for 30 minutes or better. Is this normal. I have 12 gig of music and pretty good number of pictures and video I took.

Kobe24

Reaction score
How long did it take to update the media database during the install? Mine has been updating the media database for 30 minutes or better. Is this normal. I have 12 gig of music and pretty good number of pictures and video I took.
It could take up to 10 hours...

rumblee1

Reaction score
I've had ics since Monday. Complained right away and came under a little criticism. Here it is Thursday, and same issues. Biggest problem is the battery drain. I've got the big extended battery. Over 2500 milliamp, and I've got to charge it every 5–6 hours of light usage. Never had that happen before. Also, phone us much slower, and does crazy things. Same thing happened when I went from froyo to gingerbread on my DROID X. I think moto phones are not made for upgrading. Anyway I'm way overdue for an upgrade and was going to get the droid razr maxx hd. But, after all these problems, I'm going for the galaxy note 2. It'll have jelly bean right out of the box and samsung phones don't have the upgrade issues moto does. One thing I didn't do was a factory reset. If you've got to do that when you get an upgrade, you should have a choice as to whether or not you want the upgrade.

Last edited:

rayw796

Reaction score
Received my ICS update last night while on the dock. Haven't had long enough to have problems, but wanted those out there who haven't gotten theirs yet toknow it is still distributing. I got my Bionic the day they were released from Verizon store.