ics update

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by blackhawk1134, May 21, 2012.

1. blackhawk1134

blackhawk1134 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Does anyone really believe we'll get the update today?
    I thought it was scheduled for today? ...

2. sava700

sava700 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think according to that screen posted a while back it is - but I've yet to see it on mine. I'm tempted to call Verizon and ask about it but I"m sure I'll get someone stupid that doesn't know or know how to find out.

3. C2Cab95

C2Cab95 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wouldn't Verizon have a changelog posted a few days in advance?

4. detroitwilly

detroitwilly Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm sure too.

5. Dave12308

Dave12308 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +50
    So no one saw the huge release date update on the front page of this site a couple of days ago saying the RAZR would get ICS by the end of "Q2 2012"? Which means by the end of June. That assumes everything goes well, it's still in development (probably internal testing).

No one ever said it was coming out today or whatever, that document was old and was an internal employee communication and by no means a release schedule. People should stop believing everything they see on the internet, especially concerning anything to do with software or operating systems.

6. Dave12308

Dave12308 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +50
    The VZW employees don't have any information that we don't have from reading these sites. Since Motorola does not give specific release dates, all we have to go by are rumors and vague release timelines.

Since a VZW employee HAS no way to find out, or know ahead of time; I fail to see how that makes them "stupid". The "stupid" ones are the ones that give you a BS answer that they read on the internet, rather than just saying "I don't know"

7. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +754
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Not only that, but there would have been a "confidential" soak test that would have occurred at least a week ahead of the update rolling out that would have been all over Android news sites and forums.

People really shouldn't put any faith into these leaked dates that get circulated. The update was never scheduled to be released today. At one point, today might have been a target release date, but these things are extremely fluid and change very often. It was just a rumor...as it almost always is.

8. Caesars

Caesars Senior Member

Ratings:
    +114

Yes you're right, why don't those level one sales reps and customer service agents give you an accurate answer. Maybe they should just build a time machine and travel into the future to get these dates for you, that or maybe they can look under the invisible poster on the wall that reads "razr maxx release dates for all 60k employees that don't need to know".

9. cbreze

cbreze Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I thought Motorola released it Verizon a while back. Verizon's the one holding onto it. More testing most likely, or some other reason.

10. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +5,678
    Today, NO. But if q2 still holds up (barring any snags) I suspect the that June will bring you guys ics goodness. I am sure after last years tbolt debacle they are testing the software from many angles and if anyone testers notices an issue then they would look to resolve it then test it again. Because it is all done secretely we do not know if say a large group of testers reported ok but maybe a few in such and such area reported issues.

11. jeff70

jeff70 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    QFT exactly my thoughts

the latest info from Motorola about when we will get ICS but of course keep in mind that timeframe can change at a moments notice also, so don't be shocked if the end of June rolls around and there is still no sign of the ICS OTA