ICS update soon?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
That was a cruel joke lol. The few soaks I've been in were quick to go ota... the last update for Bionic and the last for the DX .. both went ota within 36 hours

sent from my MAXX.

MartyChubbs

Reaction score
This was the original file that was pulled. It couldn't be side-loaded via recovery or that is what I understood.

So, the trick was to connect to the moto servers via cheesecake.apk, start the update and put the two files in the cache via root explorer and the install would happen. So, this is the update or what was on moto's servers...just how to install it?

OTA.ICS.Build.6.14.75.XT912

jhev1

Reaction score
I guess I am in the minority that thinks my phone works great now and don't really care about the update. went from Droid (good phone) to Charge (biggest pos I've ever owned) to this. This is by far the best phone I've ever owned. Short of a better display, I'm happy with how it works now. Don't fix what ain't broke.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

destriyer751

Reaction score
I dont know if this means anything...but the Motorola Apps on my Razr have updates and two of them say "added Support For ICS 4.0"

KGreis

Reaction score
I hear yah but i got the razr because i was told it was going yo have ics in december it never came than i was told 2q nothing. I complained to motorola on facebook telling them their gonna lose a crap load of customers if they dont stop misleading us and 5 days later the slip surfaced lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

KGreis

Reaction score
That means a lot!

KGreis

Reaction score
My mog music player which i got with the last rqzr update needed to be updated for ics support :)

Brostrom4

Reaction score
As far as I can tell no actual Soak Test has started. The email invites just finished today and the "invite page" officially closed this afternoon.....

Does anyone know then how long it usually takes from the time that the invite page is closed, to the time the soaks are sent out? this would possibly be a good indicator, right? Im not used to how motorola updates their phones. i had a thunderbolt before my razr!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Does anyone know then how long it usually takes from the time that the invite page is closed, to the time the soaks are sent out? this would possibly be a good indicator, right? Im not used to how motorola updates their phones. i had a thunderbolt before my razr!

I hope this soak won't be like the last invite for the DX2... people received invites for a soak and it hasn't happened. Or at least that I've heard.

I hope MOTO won't sit on ICS like that lol

sent from my MAXX.

destriyer751

Reaction score
well coming from a Level 3 Android Support Member at Motorola The Soak Test Registration is Closed for registration......And it could be up to two weeks before the Soak Test Downloads Go out.....

IDK how much of that is true, so I guess we will just have to wait and see......

T

TheAlpha

I guess I am in the minority that thinks my phone works great now and don't really care about the update. went from Droid (good phone) to Charge (biggest pos I've ever owned) to this. This is by far the best phone I've ever owned. Short of a better display, I'm happy with how it works now. Don't fix what ain't broke.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Pos?

scerpico22

Reaction score
Pay attention folks...the app updates that started last night around mid-night...most not all say it but some do say update to support ICS.

i.g. MOG Mobile and Motoprint...

sit back relax...its on the way. hopefully bugs are worked out because I love my phone right now. Best I have ever had.

Razr Maxx