ICS Update Rendered my Phone Useless

edepaolo

Reaction score
So I got the update, and now I can't open up handcent, the stock text messager won't load, haven't received any texts I've been sent, phone calls are spotty, battery life is terrible, contacts list barely opens, every menu is slow and some won't even load.. the list goes on. What happened?!

I did a system cache clear (I think thats what it was) so far. I'm kind of a noob when it comes to this so any and all help will be much appreciated, I need my phone back!! :mad:

jcwilliams

Reaction score
That's horrible! Yea id boot into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik as well. Try fixing permissions as well.
Hope you get it working

OP
E

edepaolo

Reaction score
Whats the dalvik? And how do I wipe it? :p same with permissions as well. Told you I'm a noob :/ why can't this be as easy as troubleshooting my vw passat! haha

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Ok turn phone off and hold both volume buttons and the power button.

OP
E

edepaolo

Reaction score
All I can get from the menu is the system cache, no dalvik.

jcwilliams

Reaction score
right. that why i asked if you were rooted. to my knowledge thats the only option you can use when your not rooted. maybe someone else knows of a way. but none the less have you already wiped the system cache then?

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
Do a factory data reset... I'd call Verizon tech support first and open a case... It's likely the first thing they'll tell you to do...If it is still acting up after the reset you'll probably have to let Verizon send you a replacement phone...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

OP
E

edepaolo

Reaction score
Yup system cache is wiped. And I had a feeling FDR was the only option. Do you guys have any idea how I can see my texts? I have about 20 I can't even get to and don't wanna lose them before I can read em!

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Did you try going to the messaging app and force close it and clear cache for just that app?

OP
E

edepaolo

Reaction score
I just gave up and FDR'd, didnt even back up anything besides contacts. Became too frustrating haha, but now everything works fine. Thanks anyways guys!

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Glad you got it working. Going from gb to ics seems to mess some stuff up lol

OP
E

edepaolo

Reaction score
haha yeah. and the only fix all ive seen so far is an FDR, oh well!