ICS Update - Predictive Dialer Gone

Megalotusman

Reaction score
Is there some way to get the predictive text working on the dialer after the ICS update?
I'm using the standard update version of ICS (I think .246).
It used to work where if I wanted to call john for example, I would type his name on the keypad (5646) and it would highlight his name and put him at the top of the list. Now, it just says no matching contacts if there isn't anyone with 5646 in their phone number?

I've tried to dig up info on it everywhere, my friend uses ICS on his Galaxy S3 and it has this feature, as did my Bionic, prior to the update.

Is there anyway to get it back without downloading a 3rd party dialer?

OP
M

Megalotusman

Reaction score
Okay then, how about just. Is any one else having this issue?
I've now checked friends who have the update path version of ICS on a Galaxy S3 and a Droid Razr, and both of those phones work fine. It is only mine that isn't.
So is anyone else even experiencing this issue on their bionic?

dfcfu342

Reaction score
Mine works just fine on .246 for example 323 brings "Dad" to the top of the list.

wheeler062505

Reaction score
dfcfu342 said:
Mine works just fine on .246 for example 323 brings "Dad" to the top of the list.

Mine works fine too. Just tested it after doing a factory reset and so far everything is hunky dory.

intmd8r

Reaction score
Well, I was having this issue too, but I just tried it again and now it's fine. I tried putting in my dad's name and it brought back 6 matches, some by number, some by name.

OP
M

Megalotusman

Reaction score
Hmmm... Interesting. Thanks for the replies.
If its just my phone and not all bionics then, perhaps I can simply fix it by some amount of resetting or reinstalling.

Thanks guys.

livinginkaos

Reaction score
Have you rebooted your phone at all since the update? How about performing a cache wipe?

OP
M

Megalotusman

Reaction score
Have you rebooted your phone at all since the update? How about performing a cache wipe?

I've rebooted many times, and at your suggestion I wiped the cache partition, which I assume is the same thing. It had no effect though.

livinginkaos

Reaction score
I've rebooted many times, and at your suggestion I wiped the cache partition, which I assume is the same thing. It had no effect though.
No, the cache doesn't clean on reboots and is good to do now and then. Hmmm.... my next suggestion would be an FDR .

dfcfu342

Reaction score
Do you have any other features that seem to be missing from ICS on your device?

OP
M

Megalotusman

Reaction score
Do you have any other features that seem to be missing from ICS on your device?

Not that I know if. It's the only device I've used with ICS. So I don't know what I don't know. The only reason I noticed this was missing is because it did work with the gingerbread I've had for the past year.

I may look into doing a factory reset or something... I don't know yet.

Levey1

Reaction score
Same problem here. Stock phone, upgraded to ICS, no more predictive dialing. Does anybody know for sure if the FDR fixes it? More people must be having the same problem.

stevo95

Reaction score
Had the same problem, fixed it by removing touchdown from accounts & synch and then doing a synch within touchdown of all contacts ( copy to phone).

OP
M

Megalotusman

Reaction score
I assume FDR means something to the effect of, Full/Factory Data Reset?