ICS Update From Motorola

Reaction score
Not really seeing a want/need to upgrade to ICS...being a RAZR owner. Anyone else feel this way??

Honestly, I felt this way from day one because I was happy with my razr as is. I had a few tests of custom ics builds but always ended up back on stock gb. Until now.

They have a new ics aokp Rom that is near perfection imo. I didn't think I could possibly love my razr any more than I did but I was wrong.

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

surge

Reaction score
As I have said on this forum before, ICS is not that big of a deal. I have it on my Xoom and did not notice any compelling reason to desire it on my Razr.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Reaction score
As I have said on this forum before, ICS is not that big of a deal. I have it on my Xoom and did not notice any compelling reason to desire it on my Razr.

I agree with the exception of some of the ui differences. Overall ics is nothing special compared to gb but the widgets available on ics are reason enough for me to want it. I use my Gmail on a regular basis and it bugs me that gb does not have a widget for Gmail.

Sent from my AOKP AXI0M[R] using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Honestly, I felt this way from day one because I was happy with my razr as is. I had a few tests of custom ics builds but always ended up back on stock gb. Until now.

They have a new ics aokp Rom that is near perfection imo. I didn't think I could possibly love my razr any more than I did but I was wrong.

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

I am running the Axiom/AOKP combo & it is running very nice. No complaints except it would be nice to see Webtop included but I know it'll come in time...

Axiom [R]azr, maxx'd out with AOKP!

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL

Perhaps because your Xoom was running Honeycomb and there isn't much visual difference with Honeycomb and ICS. I just put my DX back to stock GB and am hating it. I had EncounterICS on it, but have been in need of a camera on me recently which is why I put GB back on. ICS was soooo much better.

Zandar

Reaction score
Not really seeing a want/need to upgrade to ICS...being a RAZR owner. Anyone else feel this way??
I agree.

When I had my OG Droid, it was all about rooting and running a custom ROM. Having the latest OS was crucial. When the X came out with Blur, I couldn't have been less interested.

I feel like I'm living in opposite world. Now, I'm actually happier with Blur than stock (I've run stock GB plenty, so I know what it entails), and I'm not itching for ICS since my device is near flawless as is. Good job, Moto!

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
I agree.

When I had my OG Droid, it was all about rooting and running a custom ROM. Having the latest OS was crucial. When the X came out with Blur, I couldn't have been less interested.

I feel like I'm living in opposite world. Now, I'm actually happier with Blur than stock (I've run stock GB plenty, so I know what it entails), and I'm not itching for ICS since my device is near flawless as is. Good job, Moto!

You're so right, I was gonna wait for a quad core phone...I've waited for the Bionic, it was OK, than the Nexus, and that is just pure stock ICS, so I might go get the RAZR MAXX, thanks!

Motorola Droid 2: CyanogenMod 9