ics update fail

dale.j.gilbert

Reaction score
do you have to be 100% stock for the ics update to work? i got the 905 update just fine (broke root but thats all, and i never re-rooted, made any changes, or froze any bloatware) but the ics update has failed twice now at about a third the way through. will i have to fxz back to 905 before it will work? or....what? lol

eye_dea

Reaction score
When you were rooted...what did you do? Did you modify, delete, or flash anything?

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Does it actually say it has failed or do you just give up on it because it is taking so long.
It is a major update & takes a while to install. Especially if you have allot of music & photos on your phone.
Removing the sd card with the photos & music on it speeds up the update process & than you can put it back in after.

OP
dale.j.gilbert

dale.j.gilbert

Reaction score
it fails on its own. i dont touch it.
ive done a factory reset (a few times actually, i was getting stuck on it even downloaing) so there are no media files on the phone or sdcard.

when i was rooted i downloaded adfree (deleted now) safestrap (removed the recovery thing and then deleted) while i had safestrap i did flash a rom to the safe part. all of this was prior to the 905 ota.except i did just recently delete adfree.

eye_dea

Reaction score
it fails on its own. i dont touch it.
ive done a factory reset (a few times actually, i was getting stuck on it even downloaing) so there are no media files on the phone or sdcard.

when i was rooted i downloaded adfree (deleted now) safestrap (removed the recovery thing and then deleted) while i had safestrap i did flash a rom to the safe part. all of this was prior to the 905 ota.except i did just recently delete adfree.

Safestrap uses the preinstall partition to flash the 2nd Custom ROM to your phone. You will need to FXZ to 905 stock or moto-fastboot the preinstall.img. This is why your update is failing. The new safestrap v3 does not use the preinstall partition anymore and will not affect ota's.

OP
dale.j.gilbert

dale.j.gilbert

Reaction score
that makes sence.

is there a recent place i can download a zip of all the files i will need to fxz to 905? and is there a way to do it from osx? i have a pc but it is rather slow

thanks for the help

eye_dea

Reaction score
that makes sence.

is there a recent place i can download a zip of all the files i will need to fxz to 905? and is there a way to do it from osx? i have a pc but it is rather slow

thanks for the help

To use Rsdlite and FXZ to 905 you will need a windows pc. I have a mac moto-fastboot file, but I am not an expert on macs. Basically, a windows pc will be easier.

OP
dale.j.gilbert

dale.j.gilbert

Reaction score
mk. much thanks.

so i need

a windows pc
the 905 fxz
rsdlite
and the latest moto-drivers

is that it?

eye_dea

Reaction score
PM me your gmail and I will invite you to chat in google talk. I will take you down a less painful road then having to FXZ back to 905 stock and loose all your stuff.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
mk. much thanks.

so i need

a windows pc
the 905 fxz
rsdlite
and the latest moto-drivers

is that it?

You can get everything you need from the House of Bionic script & use the HOB process or do it manually your self.
Sounds like you would want to use the HOB script process from the sounds of your abilities.
If you dont know where it is or cant find it Google it & it will pop up.

OP
dale.j.gilbert

dale.j.gilbert

Reaction score
You can get everything you need from the House of Bionic script & use the HOB process or do it manually your self.
Sounds like you would want to use the HOB script process from the sounds of your abilities.
If you dont know where it is or cant find it Google it & it will pop up.

im in the process of downloading and installing everything for the fxz. watching videos, reading guides etc. should be fine with doing the fxz i do believe lol

what should your battery percent be at as a minimum before you do the fxz? ive seen from 50 to 80

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
im in the process of downloading and installing everything for the fxz. watching videos, reading guides etc. should be fine with doing the fxz i do believe lol

what should your battery percent be at as a minimum before you do the fxz? ive seen from 50 to 80

I wouldn't do it without at least 70%