ICS update does nothing but leave my phone off with an exclamation point on my screen

Anubis

Reaction score
My phone has been trying to update this thing for days now but it doesn't even do ****. It'll turn off my phone and show a little icon of my phone with a green circle and a loading bar, once the loading bar is finished, my phone changes to show the icon of my phone and a red exclamation point inside a triangle next to the phone and it'll just sit there for eternity.

How the hell do I fix this? I'm getting real sick and tired of my phone turning off every 10 damn minutes.

smokeyrd

Reaction score
Are you running the stock os? Are you rooted? if rooted did you freeze/delete stock apps?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
OP
Anubis

Anubis

Reaction score
I may try that if it happens again. I have it on now and it says it's downloading firmware on the notifications list but it's stopped about halfway. One thing I'm noticing though is today I'm not getting any service and my wifi isn't working too well. Is this coincidence or would this have something to do with what's going on?

m0viestar

Reaction score
Hi,

Just registered. Found your post on Google. I am having problems with this as well with the same phone as OP. I am rooted, but on a stock rom (but with wifi tether fix and several uninstalled applications), and with the current version on amon-ra. I re-flashed to the stock recovery provided by Scotty's guide on the andoird forums. When trying to install the 4.0 update from Verizon it just shows a phone with red triangle and exclamation point when it reboots.

Would RUU be my only option?

edit: Could I install a fully stock ROM and get it from there?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just registered. Found your post on Google. I am having problems with this as well with the same phone as OP. I am rooted, but on a stock rom (but with wifi tether fix and several uninstalled applications), and with the current version on amon-ra. I re-flashed to the stock recovery provided by Scotty's guide on the andoird forums. When trying to install the 4.0 update from Verizon it just shows a phone with red triangle and exclamation point when it reboots.

Would RUU be my only option?

edit: Could I install a fully stock ROM and get it from there?

In order to get the firmware and radio updates you have run the RUU.