ICS Tips and Tricks for the Razr

steph1488

Reaction score
Looking for a couple of things that used to be here. Are they still?

* Can't find the toggle buttons for WiFi, GPS. I don't like using the whole power strip (takes up to much room and don't need anything but quick access to GPS & WiFi). when I go into System Settings I only see AM, WF, & BT, no GPS. And these aren't the toggle buttons anyway. ???

* Used to double tap hard home key and get view of all 5 screens. Is that still around?

:hail: DROID RAZR!

Last edited:

steelman52

Reaction score
realged13 said:
Does anyone know how to remove pictures from being displayed beside text messages. I don't like the blank picture icon there. Or is there a section that I can change how it looks? Thanks!

I don't like that new feature either, and I don't see anyway to turn it off. I mean, it's enough that the person's picture is on their thread. It's not like, after opening the thread you'll forget with whom you're texting, or that you're the one doing the texting! Lol It's just a waste of about a quarter of the screen for no good purpose...

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

* Can't find the toggle buttons for WiFi, GPS. I don't like using the whole power strip (takes up to much room and don't need anything but quick access to GPS & WiFi). when I go into System Settings I only see AM, WF, & BT, no GPS. And these aren't the toggle buttons anyway. ???

* Used to double tap hard home key and get view of all 5 screens. Is that still around?

I went with a different launcher to get the 5 screen preview back. I think the option went away in ICS, I looked all over for it.

And I think you only have the choice of using the whole power strip. Although you might be able to find a widget in the Store. :)

steph1488

Reaction score
Missing Toggle Widgets & 5 Screen Preview

I went with a different launcher to get the 5 screen preview back. I think the option went away in ICS, I looked all over for it.

And I think you only have the choice of using the whole power strip. Although you might be able to find a widget in the Store. :)

Oh well, I guess a couple of little defunct apps (so far!) :) ... is absolutely worth this lean, clean & totally gorgeous update! Thanx for the suggestions; I found quite a few GPS/WiFi widgets to try. Will look at Apex & Go Launcher.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Oh well, I guess a couple of little defunct apps (so far!) :) ... is absolutely worth this lean, clean & totally gorgeous update! Thanx for the suggestions; I found quite a few GPS/WiFi widgets to try. Will look at Apex & Go Launcher.

I went with Apex. I have used others, most do pretty much the same things. It takes some time to set things up, but I love it. My phone is exactly how I want it, very similar to the setup I had on my Droid 2. If ya have any questions let me know. :)

Tracey4

Reaction score
steph1488 said:
Not a resolution for your problem, but a suggestion. I've always disliked (hated!) the stock app for car dock. Have you tried Car Home? Killer UI. Can create 18 shortcuts and works like a charm. If you have no luck in getting it all to work out for you, might be an option. Good Luck!

Were you referring to car home ultra? I had that in the past on my Droid x, so you prompted me to reinstall. It now has media controls that allow large buttons for skipping and pausing. It also had the keep screen on option. But I'm not sure if that is true for being on the dock but having other apps open, or if it's only true for being in the app. I haven't tried it on the dock yet. And it has 5 screens with 6 slots each! I was running out of apps to add! I will report back.

steph1488

Reaction score
Were you referring to car home ultra? I had that in the past on my Droid x, so you prompted me to reinstall. It now has media controls that allow large buttons for skipping and pausing. It also had the keep screen on option. But I'm not sure if that is true for being on the dock but having other apps open, or if it's only true for being in the app. I haven't tried it on the dock yet. And it has 5 screens with 6 slots each! I was running out of apps to add! I will report back.

Yep, that's the one. Love the nitetime color scheme (not to mention all the other "goodies"), and yes....lots of shortcuts! Don't recall seeing a "keep screen on" option, but whatever app I'm in, the screen stays on until I exit out (in the vehicle dock as well). Is that what you were asking?

chelsea22

Reaction score
Odd question, but on gingerbread it showed the day of the week when you pulled down in the notification bar, along with the date. Now it just shows the date. Is there a way to change this?

boostedf4

Reaction score
Figured this would be a good place for this question since it would be a good tip.

Does anyone know how to link ringtones and notifications in ICS? It drives me nuts that I have to go in and change it manually now. I've read a lot of posts on how to unlink in earlier versions of ICS but no way to link them. It used to be in the volume setting.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Tracey4

Reaction score
steph1488 said:
Yep, that's the one. Love the nitetime color scheme (not to mention all the other "goodies"), and yes....lots of shortcuts! Don't recall seeing a "keep screen on" option, but whatever app I'm in, the screen stays on until I exit out (in the vehicle dock as well). Is that what you were asking?

I tried it in the car and all screens stay on. There is an option to turn that off though to save battery. Also, pressing the home button doesn't make it do anything. It doesn't open a screen of the app and it doesn't open the home page which is good. And the media controls are really nice to have back.

jaseman

Reaction score
Not really the same as task manager. Swiping doesn't actually kill the app. And it doesn't have a way to auto kill after two minutes.

Not sure if it actually works but try this: go into settings: scroll down to "developer options", scroll down to "APPS" section and the first one listed there with the ability to place a check mark is "destroy every activity as soon as the user leaves it." Below that is "background process limit" which I have left at the default standard limit. More research by others may show whether these actually help at all. :biggrin:

jaseman

Reaction score

I use "power controls" from the market. It's free and there are NO ADDS!!!! It resides in the notification bar and you can change up to 8 different icons on it. It will do what you want plus it has a good flashlight icon. :icon_ banana:

sjason73

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this was availabile or not but, while typing in the word suggestion/spelling correction area if you long press the blue suggested word it brings up a plethora of suggestions. I think they are all similarly spelled words. I've never noticed this on GB. It is pressing on the blue recommended word not the red underlined misspelled word. Just something I learned.

FlorIdaho Chris

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to re-order your favorites? In the phone select "favorites" and they show up six photos to a screen. By default they are in alphabetical order. I would like to change the order.

DDROIDJ

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Moto Z Force
Is it possibe to change the icons when unlocking?. I want to open to an app text instead of stock