ICS Tips and Tricks for the Razr

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
My RAZR says that the Display is using like 65% of the power, and this thing is OFF! What gives here? The Andriod OS is like 6%. Can someone help explain this?

OK, the deal is that your display is using 65% of the battery life that's been used.

So say your battery is at 80% and your display has used 65% of that... so your display has used just north of 10%.

But your display SHOULD be your biggest power user. Its your interface and your display. So its how you interact with the device :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Abaddon

Reaction score
Not sure if this was asked or discussed but does anybody know where the screenshot is saved? I don't use the stock gallery (I use Quickpic) and I want to add the directory so that it shows up when I open the app.

realged13

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to remove pictures from being displayed beside text messages. I don't like the blank picture icon there. Or is there a section that I can change how it looks? Thanks!

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to remove pictures from being displayed beside text messages. I don't like the blank picture icon there. Or is there a section that I can change how it looks? Thanks!

Not 100% sure, but I think you would have to remove the pic from the contact in the "Contacts" (Edit Contact) ... I think if you have a pic for the contact it will also show in text messages too. And I have no idea if you can change the stock blank picture icon or not.

realged13

Reaction score
Not 100% sure, but I think you would have to remove the pic from the contact in the "Contacts" (Edit Contact) ... I think if you have a pic for the contact it will also show in text messages too. And I have no idea if you can change the stock blank picture icon or not.

Yeah, I went there and removed it the picture, but it still shows the blank person icon beside the messages. I just think it looks annoying.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah, I went there and removed it the picture, but it still shows the blank person icon beside the messages. I just think it looks annoying.

I agree, I don't really care for it either, but I don't know if it can be changed or not ... or I would LOL

William_04_x

Reaction score
Abaddon said:
Not sure if this was asked or discussed but does anybody know where the screenshot is saved? I don't use the stock gallery (I use Quickpic) and I want to add the directory so that it shows up when I open the app.

I use Quickpic also, and a new folder named screenshots was autocreated. They show in Quickpic and the stock gallery. The folder is found in Internal Phone Storage(sdcard, not sdcard-ext)>Pictures> Screenshots.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Last edited:

Abaddon

Reaction score
I use Quickpic also, and a new folder named screenshots was autocreated. They show in Quickpic and the stock gallery. The folder is found in Internal Phone Storage(sdcard, not sdcard-ext)>Pictures> Screenshots.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Thanks for the help!

Tracey4

Reaction score
If there is anyone using the car dock in ICS: I noticed it annoyingly opens vz navigator. If you disable vz navigator that solves that problem. Maybe someone can help me with the rest? There is no music player anymore, so no big buttons to use to skip and pause while driving. Also, if you aren't on the main screen, the screen will time out! So I'm listening to music and the screen shuts off! What are they thinking? The only thing i could think to do was use smart Actions to change the screen timeout, but the longest is 10 minutes, so now i assume the main screen will timeout after 10 minutes if I'm say, listening to the radio in my car and not touching the screen to skip through songs. Not only that, but pressing the home button doesn't take me to the car dock home, it takes me to the regular home screen. How is this supposedto be driver friendly?

Last edited:

Papa_T

Reaction score
Homescreen, long press the home icon and it will show a list, swipe away apps not using or wanting to kill.

Not really the same as task manager. Swiping doesn't actually kill the app. And it doesn't have a way to auto kill after two minutes.

rdgxray

Reaction score
Press menu on home screen... select manage apps...at top tab to running apps...kill or stop one if not responding here...haven't seen anyway to auto kill apps...maybe they took this away because now you can disable any app...so why auto kill any app...just disable it completely

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

steph1488

Reaction score
If there is anyone using the car dock in ICS: I noticed it annoyingly opens vz navigator. If you disable vz navigator that solves that problem. Maybe someone can help me with the rest? There is no music player anymore, so no big buttons to use to skip and pause while driving. Also, if you aren't on the main screen, the screen will time out! So I'm listening to music and the screen shuts off! What are they thinking? The only thing i could think to do was use smart Actions to change the screen timeout, but the longest is 10 minutes, so now i assume the main screen will timeout after 10 minutes if I'm say, listening to the radio in my car and not touching the screen to skip through songs. Not only that, but pressing the home button doesn't take me to the car dock home, it takes me to the regular home screen. How is this supposedto be driver friendly?

Not a resolution for your problem, but a suggestion. I've always disliked (hated!) the stock app for car dock. Have you tried Car Home? Killer UI. Can create 18 shortcuts and works like a charm. If you have no luck in getting it all to work out for you, might be an option. Good Luck!