ICS Tips and Tricks for the Razr

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Droid razr maxximized!!!! Prepare to be vanquished!!!

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah ics, just released. In the dialer, tap on recent, then rap options, the bottom left key on the phone, it gives me the clear option

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

That option I do have ... I'm talking about the "Frequently Called" which is under "Favorites" ...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Oh, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.. lol. That idk yet.. sorry. :)

djspy

Reaction score
1. No more task manager? Try this: Long press the HOME icon and icons of all your running apps will pop up. To close an app, slide it to the left. To open an app that you want to re open, just tap on it.
Yep, multitasking!

More to come.

David

I thought this too but open app, go back to the desktop and do what you described. Go to manage apps and find the app and you'll see that it's still running. You still have to press the force stop button to stop it. It only clears the recent apps. it doesn't close them.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Oh, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.. lol. That idk yet.. sorry. :)

No problem at all ... no one seems to know. Before I went to ICS I had an app called "Frequently Called Remover" which would clear it out in GB, but I downloaded it from the Store after I got ICS and it says "This app doesn't work with your device" :blink:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The Easter egg doesn't work on my maxx. Hmmm, odd.

Yes it does. You have to tap the Android version cell 4 times in rapids succession. The trick is that if you tap too fast it doesn't register all the presses.

Try starting out by pressing it slow enough that you see it light up with each tap. Once you've got the rhythm down, slowly start speeding up the frequency of the presses, making sure it still lights up with each finger press. Eventually you'll hit the right frequency. Its about 4 per second (probably 4 within 1 second).

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
YellowJacket

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm going to be "off line" for the next several days as I am starting back on my week of night shift trauma surgery which leaves little time for anything other than work and a wee bit of sleep.

So, my plans are to catalog all the tips on the first post of this thread with links just in case the thread grows too big. This way anyone checking in for the first time should be able to find the important stuff pretty easy.

David

Falconone

Reaction score
The only thing I have found (or I should say HAVEN'T found) is a way to do bookmarks on a screen as a shortcut. I like the intellicast.com website for animated weather radar for my area. I used to be able to do a shortcut in Dolphin Browser that I could just tap and it would open the web page with my radar. Dolphin has a "bookmarks widget" but it takes up way too much room on a screen, I would prefer the one icon. It's no longer in widgets, and I use Desktop Visualizer too, but it's not an option in there either. Anyone have any suggestions?
download the myradar app

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yes it does. You have to tap the Android version cell 4 times in rapids succession. The trick is that if you tap too fast it doesn't register all the presses.

Try starting out by pressing it slow enough that you see it light up with each tap. Once you've got the rhythm down, slowly start speeding up the frequency of the presses, making sure it still lights up with each finger press. Eventually you'll hit the right frequency. Its about 4 per second (probably 4 within 1 second).

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanx FoxKat.. I'll try this ;)

JP 5.56

Reaction score
How do you do a reset on the phone now (simulated battery pull) ??