ICS this week?

Discussion in 'Droid Razr and Razr Maxx ICS discussion' started by LoneWolfArcher, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Android Sparkles

Ratings:
    +0
    If Verizon DID say this (and lets just be clear I am not in anyway shape or form calling you a liar) but if they did 1-5 days would be awesome. Its better than waiting 6 weeks. Hopefully it is the actual release of ICS.

{×Sent from my Droid-Razr×}

2. BadAzzFireman

BadAzzFireman Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I've not ever known Verizon tech support to ever know what is going on. Heck, some of them didn't even know what ICS was. I'd take this with a grain of salt.

3. donnie5336

donnie5336 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm heading out for vacation first thing in the morning. Sure would like to have a little Ice Cream Sandwich for hot days at the beach. :p

4. shiftat8k

shiftat8k Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same thing I'm wondering. OG DROID RAZR has been out for 8 months and eleven days. That's a lot of time for people to buy them. Plus all the maxx's.

If I had to guess, I'd say at least 5 million. (Completely uneducated guess)

5. theatomizer90

theatomizer90 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    1to5 days? That's like1million users .....kinda hard top believe

6. BadAzzFireman

BadAzzFireman Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Anything VZW tech support or customer service says is hard to believe, LOL :biggrin:

7. davy050995

davy050995 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Everything is really quiet on the support forums....hmmm

8. shiftat8k

shiftat8k Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can understand your questioning it. I bought the RAZR on its release date, with the promise of ICS in weeks. I've been waiting a long time for it, so I'm not going to try and fool anyone.

And it is very true the rep could've been clueless. But I'm sure a LOT of people are calling and asking why they don't have ICS yet. When I first called, I had to wait for at least 10 minutes to talk to someone because of unusually high call volume. That leads me to believe their techs have some working knowledge of the situation.

9. BadAzzFireman

BadAzzFireman Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Got to thinking that after everyone gets the update then of course the next big thing is gonna be Jelly Bean and when we can get it. And with that will come new promises not kept by providers and manufacturers, rumors, and I'd imagine some pretty funny puns. I wanna be the first to use a Jelly Bean pun directed at waiting on the ICS update. Don't they think it's bean long enough?

Sorry, I'm off today and bored, LOL

10. cybertj.2000

cybertj.2000 Member

Ratings:
    +12
    HaHa..... :icon_ banana: It's peanut butter Jelly Bean time :icon_ banana:

I'm off today too, hoping for some Ice Cream Sandwich delivery, but apparently the Ice Cream Truck isn't running yet :icon_eek:

11. BadAzzFireman

BadAzzFireman Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Wonder if when my phone alerts me to the update if it'll play the tune the ice cream trucks use when they roll by? I swear that tune sounds like something dying, lol

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

12. nkfry

nkfry Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I just spoke with Michelle in tech support and she said: Full rollout is beginning today and will be continuous until everyone has been updated (no set limit of users will be updated, it will be from start to finish), the OTA will run 24/7, and has to be pushed to your phone manual update won't work. She also said if you miss the first circulation of the OTA that it will be resent to you or updatable via the manual update after the official OTA has been released. There is no rhyme or reason as to how the OTA will go out it will get to your handset when your phone number is selected.

#420 nkfry, Jun 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
Search tags for this page
android patching system files
aots roms droid bionic 2013
droid2 2.3.3 upgrade draining battery
facepalm gif

how long does a soak test last

patching system files android
samsung stratosphere ics roms
thunderbolt ics airplane mode widget