ICS this week?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
But what's with that screen shot? Is that what it looks like when you flash a leak? I'm not experienced with that, but it appears to be an OTA, no?
They used the Motorola Cheesecake app that they use for internal development. It allows you to change servers and install leaks from there. Its risky and usually people will pull leaks from there and put up a mirror for the rest of us

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
But what's with that screen shot? Is that what it looks like when you flash a leak? I'm not experienced with that, but it appears to be an OTA, no?

Does look like an OTA. So it could be legit.

Tap'd from my G'Tab 8.9

mbell75

Reaction score
Does look like an OTA. So it could be legit.

Tap'd from my G'Tab 8.9

Thats what all the builds sent out to beta testers have looked like for months now. I am running .210 and they are already up to like .218 which is a good sign. I wouldn't get too excited until users say they are getting a soak test. These leaks off the server have been happening since April.

thebeeobee

Reaction score
Ok just to confirm mbell75 and brad 92, when you flash leaked builds it has this confirmation/install screen?

View attachment 51162

The one on the left. Just making sure we're all talking about the same thing here.

Thanks in advance.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Ahh! I remember 2.2.1 - so Froyo must have been 2.2? My history/mind is a bit cloudy! :)

It was 2.2 indeed!

Sent From the Land Before Time...
Tapatalk 2_ ICS Xparent

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok just to confirm mbell75 and brad 92, when you flash leaked builds it has this confirmation/install screen?

View attachment 51162

The one on the left. Just making sure we're all talking about the same thing here.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, because when you use "Cheesecake", it still uses the OTA update checker built into the phone. The only thing Cheesecake does is point the update checker to one of the developer servers, instead of the production server. The updates found and installed this way are still "official" Motorola OTA packages. They just aren't official because they aren't signed off on by Verizon, and thus never get copied to the production server and pushed.

sava700

Reaction score
ICS COMING!??!?! Just got this on email!!!! WOOOOOO

Hi,

Thanks for joining the Motorola Feedback Network. We are inviting owners of the Motorola Droid RAZR and Droid RAZR Maxx on Verizon to participate in an early preview of a new software release, and provide feedback. If you are not currently using a Droid RAZR or Droid RAZR Maxx, please excuse and ignore this email.

Because of the high demand for soak participation, it's very important that you complete every item on this registration, and correctly. Note that the question below is NOT the only question you must answer to participate. There are several short pages to complete -- make sure you see the "Thank you" page or you have not successfully completed the process.

That last quote was from the survey link!!! WOOOOOO

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Me too

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Its here!!!

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!