ICS this week?

Reaction score
Swis21 said:
I would like to say it seems the screen is using more. Mine is always over 70% now and it was almost never about 50 before ics. Software change gave the screen an extra boost of brightness?

Is your screen really using more power or are your other processes more efficient?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

jtc303

Reaction score
Squeak87 said:
I like the stock ICS launcher myself, though I haven't used Go Launcher because the icons aren't my style. I want a launcher with more customization like icon packs and colors. I know Go Launcher is fairly open to customization just not the parts I want to change.

<--{Droid Razr Maxx °Celcius}-->
I find GOLEX to be the most customizable of all the launchers

Swis21

Reaction score
KayIslandDrunk said:
Is your screen really using more power or are your other processes more efficient?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

Literally my usage and behavior with the phone have not changed. I've noticed that the screen does seem to be brighter now since ics. I've done fdr before and after, but am having a hard time making it ten hours of run time. Would apps that monitor data usage cause a residual drain in the background?

Squeak87

Reaction score
Swis21 said:
Literally my usage and behavior with the phone have not changed. I've noticed that the screen does seem to be brighter now since ics. I've done fdr before and after, but am having a hard time making it ten hours of run time. Would apps that monitor data usage cause a residual drain in the background?

I imagine any apps running in the background would consume battery. Have you tried using FoxKat's guide for training the battery meter?

Swis21

Reaction score
Squeak87 said:
I imagine any apps running in the background would consume battery. Have you tried using FoxKat's guide for training the battery meter?

I read a bit about that. Running battery down to 15% then charge and not let sit much past 100 if that is to which you are referring. Maybe more i should read up on.

Squeak87

Reaction score
Swis21 said:
I read a bit about that. Running battery down to 15% then charge and not let sit much past 100 if that is to which you are referring. Maybe more i should read up on.

Yes that is exactly it, if you are on ICS the low battery warning is at 10%. On GB it is 15%.

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
I notice earlier today after fully charging to 100%, I checked battery stats & it said 98% screen & 2% OS after only about 2min on battery & screen off for most of the time. Seems like those numbers should have been the other way around.

Swis21 said:

For me on both of the Razrs I've had since the update the screen seemed dimmer. I had to re-do all my link points from GB after the update to make screen brighter & when I got my current CLNR those links were still good. The fact that for any given light level my screen is now set slightly higher would account for part of the reason why my battery life is slightly worse but ICS is believed to use more battery than GB from the other devices that for it before us.

1339708296469.jpg

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
How is everyone liking ics? I havent been on this thread in a while. I was eith the thread from the beginning. I was one of the people eho installed the leak 2 weeks before it came out...loved it...but the speaker went out in my razr and with it not being insured i traded my razr for a bionic and 100.00 which by the way i love the bionic...but back to gb from ics lol. This time though im going to wait for the ota ics update. Since i have already had my taste of ics i am not as jumpy while waiting for it. Hope everyone is having fun on ics.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Update in market (playstore) for adobe player!

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

Squeak87

Reaction score
eddiekeyton said:
How is everyone liking ics? I havent been on this thread in a while. I was eith the thread from the beginning. I was one of the people eho installed the leak 2 weeks before it came out...loved it...but the speaker went out in my razr and with it not being insured i traded my razr for a bionic and 100.00 which by the way i love the bionic...but back to gb from ics lol. This time though im going to wait for the ota ics update. Since i have already had my taste of ics i am not as jumpy while waiting for it. Hope everyone is having fun on ics.

Do you think it was the ICS leak that caused the speaker on your Razr to go out? I hope this isn't a common problem, I am fully insured but I still hate having to switch everything to another phone. I had lots of problems with my previous phone (LG Ally). Even the new Ally's they sent me were broken.

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
eddiekeyton said:

Didn't you contact me about my middle housing that has the speaker built in? Cause I still have it... I PMed you back and never got a reply.

Sent from my resurrected DROID RAZR with ICS

Swis21

Reaction score
If is possible to gain root access with ics now i think I'm just going to modulate my cpu and see what comes of that.

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
Squeak87 said:
Do you think it was the ICS leak that caused the speaker on your Razr to go out? I hope this isn't a common problem, I am fully insured but I still hate having to switch everything to another phone. I had lots of problems with my previous phone (LG Ally). Even the new Ally's they sent me were broken.

It was going out before the update. So that couldnt be the issue.

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
StephenC said:
Didn't you contact me about my middle housing that has the speaker built in? Cause I still have it... I PMed you back and never got a reply.

Sent from my resurrected DROID RAZR with ICS

I never got anything. :(

hemdroid23

Reaction score
eddiekeyton said:

Who did you sucker for that deal? Did you tell them the speaker was out? Lol