ICS this week?

Reaction score
Um, yeah, those are great speeds. They're well above average and far from mediocre. When I received my first LTE phone (the Thunderbolt shortly after it was released), I was getting speeds into the upper 30s (even into the 40s at times). But as more people have gotten on Verizon's LTE network, speeds have leveled way off. I'm usually around 15-17mbps down these days. Most people tend to fall in that range as well.

If I consistently had above average speeds like that screenshoot shows, I wouldn't be complaining. :)

That's why I love living in a small city, no network congestion!

helron

Reaction score
Actually, I had to do a complete reset to achieve those results. Also cut out all main page apps, and shut down or deleted a lot of my apps. Later today I was playing around with GPS maps and navigation . the results of that play time using 3G and 4G was an approximate loss of 30 to 40% of battery within one hour. Having said that I'm glad I have navigation in my car and never have to depend on the phone for navigation. But I can at least keep it in my pocket and use it to get back home from the store if I get lost.
My conclusion is the phone and the battery will work well with minimal use.
I would always keep my charger handy and never depend on going a day without charging my phone.
Glad there's an IPAD in my house! It's the device I luv to hate, but sure comes in handy! LOL

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
Awesome battery...

d069571a-6eed-54bc.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

DroidMomof9

Reaction score
that is the only thing I have not tried.... (not looking forward to doing that)..... Verizon tech's (called about hubby's LG Spectrum) said that it could take up to a month.... doing rolling update.... :(

DroidMomof9

Reaction score

ricks

Reaction score
This is frustrating..... I just did a search about this issue and found this.... https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_detail/a_id/71991/p/30,6720,8112

If "system" updates is grayed out - look under the table.... it tells you to turn on airplane mode, then wifi then check again...... NOW I am updating..... According to the above link, my last update was the April release..... Not July 1 - isn't that the system update, not ICS????

Do it and let us know...

DroidMomof9

Reaction score
I am now using ICS!!! did not take too long..... I did turn off airplane mode after downloading and before installing.....

Now the big decision.... use it as is or go launcher ex..... I like ICS so far a lot better than it on the tablet.... or should I say the home....

ricks

Reaction score
I am now using ICS!!! did not take too long..... I did turn off airplane mode after downloading and before installing.....

Now the big decision.... use it as is or go launcher ex..... I like ICS so far a lot better than it on the tablet.... or should I say the home....

I have been using Go Launcher. I have not tried the stock launcher yet. Is it any good?

DroidMomof9

Reaction score
I think it looks decent.... I am trying to find out what all it can do....

Go Launcher ex :I like being able to have as many screens as I want, and move them around..... the scrolling widgets on the bottom - I know that is not what it is called.... Looks like I can still use Go SMS..... maybe some other things might work as well.... I also like the icon / theme sets for Go.....

Squeak87

Reaction score
I like the stock ICS launcher myself, though I haven't used Go Launcher because the icons aren't my style. I want a launcher with more customization like icon packs and colors. I know Go Launcher is fairly open to customization just not the parts I want to change.

<--{Droid Razr Maxx °Celcius}-->