94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It helped my maxx to not be glitchy... and to function correctly... ymmv

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

hemdroid23

Reaction score
I didn't do a factory reset. At first gallery would not come up, then it decided it would. Already planned on resetting, but I think I'll wait and see. Everything else seems good!

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I wonder if doing a FDR has any benefit. Is this something we should all do?

It's not necessary, but it's always a good idea when installing an update (especially a major one like this). Doing one will allow a clean install for the update, and will minimize any potential issues caused by file fragments and such. It's just like installing Windows 7 over Vista. You can do an upgrade, keeping your files and settings intact, but it's highly recommended to do a wipe and clean install of the new OS. The same principle applies here. Many people who experience what they think are bugs after an update like this are actually created by conflicts from things that are left over from the previous OS. Most often, these things can be solved by doing a factory reset. It's certainly not something that you have to do because the updates are designed to not have to, and many - if not most - people won't experience any problems if they don't, but it's a very good idea if you want to minimize potential issues.

Last edited:

rza49311

Reaction score
Squeak87 said:
Has anyone else's network connection got a bit weaker? Seems like I get worse signal now.

(DR0ID RAZ® M@XX)

Yeah...I'm in the OBX and had 4g all week until the update this morning. Now 4g is gone where I'm staying and 3g is pretty weak.

Squeak87

Reaction score
I'm sure they will tweak the update over time to run better. Overall I do like the new OS but I also miss features that GB had.

(DR0ID RAZ® M@XX)

DroidMomof9

Reaction score
I am trying to get the update... but system updates is grayed out.... I also live in a non-verizon tower area.... but I see a lot of people getting it via wifi....

I have restarted the phone many times, done hard restart....

btw, about a month ago, I got a wifi upgrade for ICS on my tablet.... so I know it works that way.... :)

Ed270

Reaction score
DroidMomof9 said:
I am trying to get the update... but system updates is grayed out.... I also live in a non-verizon tower area.... but I see a lot of people getting it via wifi....

btw, about a month ago, I got a wifi upgrade for ICS on my tablet.... so I know it works that way.... :)

And I thought I was the only one who had that kind of luck

DroidMomof9

Reaction score
thanks for repying Ed270.... I am glad I am not the only one.... I have been searching all over the internet.....

Stigasteve

Reaction score
My battery has been pretty good for the first day

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mokes

Reaction score

I know you think you are missing out, but honestly.....you're not. It's about as exciting as buying new floor mats for your car. My phone is still doing all the same crap as before, except with new icons and face unlock.