ICS this week?

hemdroid23

Reaction score
jakeace160 said:
Or maybe a lot of people have gotten it, but aren't posting about it because they aren't nerdy enough to follow the articles and forums....and by nerdy I mean extremely cool

Sent from my RAZR MAXX... Or as I call him MAXXimus! Yea he's a gladiator.

+1 :/

Scott0719

Reaction score
nkfry said:
Typo for sure, they're the same phones with the battery being the only change.

Probably not a typo. Twitter can only have 140 something characters so typing both phones wouldn't fit. I'm sure it's for both.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
droid2drummer said:
Actually it didnt dl through my 4g.. at least when i watched it the arrows would only move when i did any kind of other data related stuff.. web etc. The dl of the file never lit while the whole thing came. Three attempts i pulled it after and same thing. Safestrap had better not be on your phone. Deleting it will not work. Well i had a backup at the time and forgot. Anyway... just fyi..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I noticed the same thing with the arrows not being lit very much during the download, mine took all night on 3g started around midnight, went to 7% then said connection failed will resume soon. I went to sleep, woke up at 4:00 am to 48% and it finished about 5 30. Then took about 10 - 15 to install

jakeace160

Reaction score
Its okay to be a nerd. My wife is smoking hot....okay back to the topic on hand.

I want Klondike bar!...er um I mean ice cream sandwich.

Sent from my RAZR MAXX... Or as I call him MAXXimus! Yea he's a gladiator.

Cripton805

Reaction score
I am not buying this even a little bit. Seems to me that a very small fraction of people have gotten it already. If the whole point of releasing it in waves is to not overload the servers, I find it highly unlikely they would open the flood gates when the vast majority is still waiting. My $.02

There is no spoon

The reason is due to testing. They slowly release it to soak testers & some customers. That way if anything comes up before the BIG release, they don't have pist off people. Would you rather deal with issues and get the update? Or wait to see if it's safe?

Once they open the gates, it's free to download. As of right now, it's still testing even if it is slowly being released to the Guinea pigs.

devdeuce

Reaction score
Cripton805 said:
The reason is due to testing. They slowly release it to soak testers & some customers. That way if anything comes up before the BIG release, they don't have pist off people. Would you rather deal with issues and get the update? Or wait to see if it's safe?

Once they open the gates, it's free to download. As of right now, it's still testing even if it is slowly being released to the Guinea pigs.

The soak test has been over for awhile and it is being pushed out to the general public, although seemingly at a snails pace. I can only go by the posters on this thread and it seems way more are still waiting than have gotten it. I would assume then that this holds true for all razr users. posters are my sample size.

There is no spoon

x25064

Reaction score
I'm giving it til Wednesday the 4th. If I dont get it by then I will be forcing it through.

markg777

Reaction score
I hope i can manually pull on on june 30 , i have heard a lot of different times when you can manually pull it. Do you think it will become available at midnight?

JustaDude

Reaction score
Here is my take:
I think it would be silly for Verizon to release such a massive update during your normal business hours. If it were me, I would release it in off-peak (non-business) hours and over the weekend. This way you are not hindering as many people and especially not your business customers. I am a senior support analyst for a major corporation here in the states and it is Verizon that brings the WAN to each of my 90+ sites. I would be a tad PO'd if they killed my bandwidth to push an update just for phones during my business hours and caused me headaches.
I would imagine that they will be pushing this update down to a bunch of folks over the weekend. I have 5 Razr Maxx's in my home and 3 of the 5 have received the update now. The first two got them at like 6:01 EST today, the 3rd one got it shortly after 7. I am suspecting the other two will get them at 8pm but it's a crap shoot now days.

I think it’s just a crap shoot on when you get it. I don’t think they have release many updates but I think they are starting to this evening.

blackhawk1134

Reaction score
God u people crack me up!! U need to get over the fact that there r problems they r trying to fix before a ota!!!
Bla bla bla!!!
Just wait!!!
When it comes u will all b complaining that they should've waited...
Quit crying already...
the new update doesn't come with tissue haha..bla..bla..

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
The soak test has been over for awhile and it is being pushed out to the general public, although seemingly at a snails pace. I can only go by the posters on this thread and it seems way more are still waiting than have gotten it. I would assume then that this holds true for all razr users. posters are my sample size.

There is no spoon

Well, people who have it aren't going to constantly post saying "I have it, I have it!" several times a day like people who don't have it and say "I still don't have it!" several times a day. In online forums, people who don't have it will be far more vocal than people who do, just like people who have problems with a phone are far more vocal than those who don't. Also, there has been a large influx of new users looking for information on the update (as there always is when there's an update), and that will also skew things. So, it's tough to accurately gauge things based solely off who's posting.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
One thing is for sure, once it happens it will have happened and many will say, "Hey guess what just happened"?

Yep.