ICS this week?

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I called Motorola to speak to ICS Developers and Dick Cheney answered :icon_eek: He barked something about "Undisclosed Location" bow wow wow "Don't call here again" bow wow wow "Where's my Snuggie" bow wow wow...... Ice Cream Sandwich my @$$...

Trofn8er

Reaction score
I called Motorola to speak to ICS Developers and Dick Cheney answered :icon_eek: He barked something about "Undisclosed Location" bow wow wow "Don't call here again" bow wow wow "Where's my Snuggie" bow wow wow...... Ice Cream Sandwich my @$$...

Sounds like he needs to go hunting!

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Weird... all my Google related apps just updated. Wonder if that means anything?

They all updated because of Google's I/O keynote address today. They announced several new devices and features, including app updates. It has nothing to do with ICS coming to the RAZR.

tonyjh63

Reaction score
I don't understand how Verizon can be "out of the picture" as far as the update is concerned...doesn't the OTA have to come through Verizon's servers?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I don't understand how Verizon can be "out of the picture" as far as the update is concerned...doesn't the OTA have to come through Verizon's servers?

No. The update is pushed out by Motorola from their servers.

Verizon doesn't actually send it out, they just approve it for Motorola to send. This is why a device that's no longer activated on a Verizon account, or that's not running on Verizon's network due to loss of signal or international travel, can still download and install updates over WiFi.

weber3040

Reaction score
No sign of any ice cream here in Montana that i know of. none of my freinds with the razr have seen anything either. i have forced myself to only manually check for updates once or twice a day so that i dont get dissapointed 60 times a day. Patiently waiting.......................ho hum

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
According to Motorola Customer Support " They are in the Final stages that follows the official test when it is determined the OTA will occur it will take place in batches over several days BUT No date or time as of yet when that will happen.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok...assuming there was some issue.....would they release it as is and then send a lil update later? Assuming it isnt too major...

WETLAYED

Reaction score
They must be part of the next group to get the update.. i haven't received that notification yet

Sent from my DROID RAZR