ICS this week?

djnolo

Reaction score
Verizon is known for their delays. But i will admit they get it right when they finally do release things.

No MAXXation without representation!

Caesars

Reaction score
They still have a few days, unless anymore official news has been released.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

nkfry

Reaction score

They made their deadline for Q2, soak is usually the initial start of what they would call roll out.

Ryan46and2

Reaction score
Caesars said:

Actually they meet their goal of "rollout beginning Q2 2012". It rolled out to the testers.

robert70

Reaction score
Still waiting in michigan,,wonder if they have a chocolate version,,i hate vanilla!!!!

Sent from my wicked sharp razr!

smmfc

Reaction score
ndtaylor77 said:
If ICS is tweaked before the update, how will that effect people who have already downloaded it?

I'm not a 100% sure but if you downloaded the soak leak you should be able to update ota if a new version is put out it should update like anyone that was on the soak basically you should be like some of the people that got the soak but didn't sign up for it but anyone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong ;)

Otacon1337

Reaction score
None here in CT =/ My Droid 2 Global got the GB update early on in the rollout last year, but it looks like location isnt constant :(

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
None here in CT =/ My Droid 2 Global got the GB update early on in the rollout last year, but it looks like location isnt constant :(

The roll out has absolutely nothing to do with location. People keep posting their location, but it's pointless to do that because it doesn't help anyone anticipate anything. Once the general roll out starts (all that has happened so far is the soak test...the general roll out has not started yet), it will go out in random raves. You can have two RAZRs in the same house, and one might get the update a week before the other.

Location, purchase date, plan, length of time being a customer, nor anything else you can think of (outside of signing up to be a potential soak tester) has any bearing on when you will or won't see the update on your RAZR/MAXX. It goes out in waves to random batches of IMEI numbers.

...and no, they don't go in any order with the IMEI numbers...it's random. :biggrin:

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
To be honest after reading about Jelly Bean and all the cool features it has I don't care so much about ICS any more... :p

kparks

Reaction score
bsweetness said:
The roll out has absolutely nothing to do with location. People keep posting their location, but it's pointless to do that because it doesn't help anyone anticipate anything. Once the general roll out starts (all that has happened so far is the soak test...the general roll out has not started yet), it will go out in random raves. You can have two RAZRs in the same house, and one might get the update a week before the other.

Location, purchase date, plan, length of time being a customer, nor anything else you can think of (outside of signing up to be a potential soak tester) has any bearing on when you will or won't see the update on your RAZR/MAXX. It goes out in waves to random batches of IMEI numbers.

...and no, they don't go in any order with the IMEI numbers...it's random. :biggrin:

LOL exactly.. But its fun watching

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
I agree, this whole ICS update had been pretty entertaining.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Sharpender

Reaction score
I talked to Verizon yesterday about ICS. I was told that everyone would get the update by the end of the week. This was after my first call when I was told that Verizon wasn't sending out the update, "it comes directly from Motorola, Verizon doesn't have anything to do with it." Another fine example of info sharing in Verizon.

nkfry

Reaction score
The update does come from Moto. Verizon is out of the picture now, it lies in the hands of the developers at Moto to get the update in mass release.

Edit: We've heard so many different stories from Verizon that we could challenge Dr. Seuss in publishings, I think a call to the Moto developers would do more justice than calling VZW tech.