ICS Status Bar notification apps too dim to read...

Discussion in 'Droid Razr and Razr Maxx ICS discussion' started by rogue7, Jun 25, 2012.

1. KayIslandDrunk

Ratings:
    +0
    Tell the developer to create notifications that adhere to Google's design guidelines.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

2. ronhaha108

ronhaha108 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hmm, so the google play music app headphone icon is dimmed as well, one would think that google would get it right...

3. FoxKat

FoxKat Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,270
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
    It makes no sense at all. The icons are too small to have any appreciable impact to battery consumption, so what good reason could there be for dimming them?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

4. KayIslandDrunk

Ratings:
    +0
    Is Google searching how the new icon colors work outside of your capabilities?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

5. ChuckAnn

ChuckAnn New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that suggestion. Although turning off the auto bright didn't do much, just increasing the brightness to the max helped. Of course, that'll also drain my battery quicker, but I'll try it out that way for a while. The status bar is thinner making the icons so tiny. The icons weren't so small on the old OS. I could just glance at it and see the temp, like when my phone was on my desk at work. Now I have to actually pick it up and look closely. There are a lot of worse problems in life to have though!

6. ChuckAnn

ChuckAnn New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree, it should be an option to set it up differently if one chooses to do so. It seems the old OS had more options in the settings. I had only had switched from the original Motorola Droid to my RAZR Maxx a few months ago and had tinkered with the settings until it was perfect for my needs. Then the ICS update came, and it's really irritating how much more effort it takes to do simple things...like read the temp in the status bar!

7. ChuckAnn

ChuckAnn New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That may be, but it still doesn't explain why the icons are so tiny. The status bar is thinner which makes the icons so tiny that they are unreadable unless I pick up the phone and closely look at them. It's easier then to just pull the notification bar down to look at the notifications. It's mostly an issue with the weather app. But it's also an issue with the text messages. I used to be able to just glance at the phone while it was on my desk and see the temp or see the banner of the new text that came in (to see who it was from and if I needed to address it or ignore it for a while.) :angry:

8. jstipe

jstipe New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the .215 leak and it makes the icons better. I would have to say that the icons that adhere to the WHITE standard match up with the rest of the notification bar, so I think there has been improvement there, but apps that have COLOR notification area icons still appear slightly dimmer. This may be just because they have color which looks dimmer when the notification icon dims.

9. jcw122

jcw122 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is clearly NOT an app problem, if it was then the app store.icon would be the correct brightness and it is not

Search tags for this page

android ics notification bar icon size

android razr status bar dim
how to change color of temperature notification weatherbug

ics notification bar icon size

ics status bar for gingerbread

jelly bean notification bar

jelly bean notification bar for gingerbread

notification weather ics

razr maxx status bar black background

samsung galaxy status notification app