ICS Status Bar notification apps too dim to read...

Discussion in 'Droid Razr and Razr Maxx ICS discussion' started by rogue7, Jun 25, 2012.

1. webmastir

webmastir Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My wife's razr got the update last night, and the brightness on notification icons are ridiculously dim at the moment. She's not a happy camper :mad:

2. robbski

robbski New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just finally got ICS on my Maxx. First think I noticed, too. Not cool. I'm sure with enough people complaining about this, it's something that'll be able to be fixed with a software update. (Hopefully!)

3. JWX

JWX New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Highly displeased with the size/dimness of the status bar icons now. Almost useless for me. Seeking some way of altering since I'm rooted.

4. CBdubz

CBdubz Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Why is it so dark anyways? I dont understand the point of doing that. An jellybean looks just like ICS

5. KayIslandDrunk

Ratings:
    +0
    As I understand it, it's mainly from apps not adhering to the new ICS design standards. I guess they're supposed to be plain white apps that the OS "dims" when not in use.

So if an app already displays a grey notification (or other color) it looks extremely dark.

That's just what I've been hearing in other developer forums, not entirely sure if it's true or not.

6. Jungle King 76

Ratings:
    +14
    I must be going crazy because i see no issues with my icons. Size and brightness do not seem any different to me. Nothing noticeable anyway.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

7. robbski

robbski New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    [/I]
    Care to post a screen shot, Jungle King? I'd love to see what you're talking about. :)

8. Jungle King 76

Ratings:
    +14
    Lol. I was thinking the same thing. I read all these complaints about notifications but no screen shots.

Honestly, it may be dimmer but i have been on ics for months now and it just never jumped out at me as an issue. I will have you start pay attention to my notifications.

9. Jungle King 76

Ratings:
    +14
    I can't remember what gb notifications looked like since it had been forever but i just don't see an issue with the standard notifications. When they come in, they are bright white but then are slightly grayed out but still very noticeable.

Exception being the weather bug current weather which i don't use but tested it out. That is unreadable.

10. Garemlin

Garemlin Developer Relations

Ratings:
    +403
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
    I noticed this too. Icons are very small and dim. One other semi-related thing I have noticed is in some menus the text is white on white. You have to long press to read the text.

Tap'd from my Maxx

11. editricks

editricks New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just upgraded to ICS on my Razr Maxx, and now I can't see the icons on the left -- they're both smaller and dimmer. Other things are dimmer, too...the corrections/dictionary bar that pops up while texting, for example. This change renders several features I rely on unusable. Any advice on how to fix the problem?

12. inua

inua New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree! The icons on the left are too dim and small. I have tried some status bar apps but they each have their downsides. Statusbar + is pretty good - very legible but says 2G when it's actually 4G and the swiping can be a pain. It may also interfere with Lightflow. Anyone tried any other apps? It seems that with the upgrades everything is getting darker - more black backgrounds etc. I have heard that this is to help improve battery life. If so I think it should be an option - black background and blue text is too dark for me. I really wish I could go back to Gingerbread - I had my phone set up perfectly! ​

Search tags for this page

android ics notification bar icon size

android razr status bar dim
how to change color of temperature notification weatherbug

ics notification bar icon size

ics status bar for gingerbread

jelly bean notification bar

jelly bean notification bar for gingerbread

notification weather ics

razr maxx status bar black background

samsung galaxy status notification app