Ics soak test has begun!!!!!!!!

milkman5306

Reaction score
SamuriHL said:
Thinking about your issue some more I'm concerned for your phone. The OTA is likely to fail given you've tried twice to install 246 with the same result. Can you please detail the exact steps you've taken to get the update to install? I feel that if we don't address your issue sooner rather than later that you're going to end up with a non-functioning phone with no way to fix it.

I have been lurking here for months and just now joined. I cant believe how much you care about people you dont know even when they do boneheaded things. There needs to be more people like you in this world!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

dave52355

Reaction score
Thinking about your issue some more I'm concerned for your phone. The OTA is likely to fail given you've tried twice to install 246 with the same result. Can you please detail the exact steps you've taken to get the update to install? I feel that if we don't address your issue sooner rather than later that you're going to end up with a non-functioning phone with no way to fix it.

Sam, may I call you that? I just spent 3 lovely weeks in the hospital and currently have left over vision problems and fine motor control issues. I'll try to type of everything I did, hopefully tonight for you. Go ahead and take the night off.

I can say the battery pull 60 sec wait and reinserting it only resulted in the phone turning on automatically and going straight to that white screen.

Thanks

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Sam, may I call you that? I just spent 3 lovely weeks in the hospital and currently have left over vision problems and fine motor control issues. I'll try to type of everything I did, hopefully tonight for you. Go ahead and take the night off.

I can say the battery pull 60 sec wait and reinserting it only resulted in the phone turning on automatically and going straight to that white screen.

Thanks

Alright. I'll look for your post. We'll see if we can get this straightened out cause it's going to be nasty if you don't. I'll do what I can.

corey0478

Reaction score
milkman5306 said:
I have been lurking here for months and just now joined. I cant believe how much you care about people you dont know even when they do boneheaded things. There needs to be more people like you in this world!

I totally agree!!! If there was awards to be given...Sgt and Samurai would be worthy and deserving of them all!!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
All of my contacts photos have disappered during the upgrade from 905 to ics. Is there something to change to make them all come back (on 905 it just pulled photos from facebook)

Mine did to, but came back after a while, with several power offs and ons. It also seems like the OS needs a few days to "settle in."

ncridgerunner

Reaction score
Samuri, thanks so much for for HoB and all your help. I finally decided to upgrade to .246 through HoB and I feel like I have a new phone. I must admit I was a little anxious about screwing something up but this 56 year old had no problems working through the process. Your technical abilities are outstanding and your willingness to share is most appreciated.

Droid 51

Reaction score
I wanted to use the hob but when I tried to log in it kicked me out and wouldn't let me try again so I just did it manually but I noticed on boot up all I see is the M logo no dual core under it like it was so is that something wrong or is it supposed to b that way

unbesorgt

Reaction score
I wanted to use the hob but when I tried to log in it kicked me out and wouldn't let me try again so I just did it manually but I noticed on boot up all I see is the M logo no dual core under it like it was so is that something wrong or is it supposed to b that way

That is by design.

aerikb

Reaction score
huh, selected y to transfer update, looked like it went through.
selected y to check md5...after a minute it showed two different md5's and then "error: transfer failed" ???
sorry if this has been gone over, i did look, couldnt find the solution.
i looked on my phone and the file is there, 359.19MB

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The transfer failed. Do it again until it passes.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

aerikb

Reaction score
excellent work sam! the transfer went through on the second pass, updated, rooted, and posting a big thanks to you and everyone else who made this happen!
Thank You!

unbesorgt

Reaction score
Do u know why

Beats me... If I had to guess, I'd say it's because quad-cores are in our future (or present in the case of the Razr i) and Moto doesn't want to have to keep them all straight. Just a guess mind you. ;-)