Ics soak test has begun!!!!!!!!

Droid 51

Reaction score
What will the 246 file look like or how will it read when i pull it up in file manager the reason i ask is i downloaded 232 a month ago and they look the same to me

dave52355

Reaction score
Well, here's my story. I got up yesterday to the update. Before I even got out of bed I said get er done. Dang it failed. So After coffee it was time to give it a 2nd shot. Redownloaded and attempted to install. Failed again! Than I remembered " hey stupid, unroot first ". So I did and to be on the safe side I factory reset the Bionic. I'm on stock 905. Went to update and got " Your phone is up to date... ". Guess I bumped my phone back.

So last night I think just go with HOB. Great setup btw. Read everything. Been following the thread for awhile. Ran great I didn't. Got to the part about flashing 246 an totally misread the first warning and thought it read optional. Rebooted and got the Doid thing than white screen forever, Had to pull battery to shut off phone. I was able to get into fast boot by holding the 2 buttons and popping the battery in. FXZ'ed with HOB and had 905 again.

Tried again, but doing the 246 flash, same white screen. Again FXZ.

So today I'm sitting at the counter thinking should I try again or just wait for the OTA? One look at my ugly screen said try again. Than I thought, Hey you didn't take out the SD card. Seems to me I read somewhere to do that. So what ya think? Pull the SD card and try again? Or is it something else? Or wait for the OTA?

Thanks

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
WideBody said:
Thank you for the very prompt response. :hail:

I used your House of Bionic with no problem at all. Very smooth upgrade to ICE, seems like a new phone.

Now if I can just find a kernel to let me over clock to say 1.2 Ghz. I hope that is allowed here.

-WideBody

-

Yes its called tweakerz oc I can oc my bionic to 1.4 GHz...

BigggJack

Reaction score
Okay, I made the move backwards to .246

:-/

Sent from my iced(.247), rooted , & deodexed 3550 quadrant 1.4 GHz BIONIC

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Well, here's my story. I got up yesterday to the update. Before I even got out of bed I said get er done. Dang it failed. So After coffee it was time to give it a 2nd shot. Redownloaded and attempted to install. Failed again! Than I remembered " hey stupid, unroot first ". So I did and to be on the safe side I factory reset the Bionic. I'm on stock 905. Went to update and got " Your phone is up to date... ". Guess I bumped my phone back.

So last night I think just go with HOB. Great setup btw. Read everything. Been following the thread for awhile. Ran great I didn't. Got to the part about flashing 246 an totally misread the first warning and thought it read optional. Rebooted and got the Doid thing than white screen forever, Had to pull battery to shut off phone. I was able to get into fast boot by holding the 2 buttons and popping the battery in. FXZ'ed with HOB and had 905 again.

So today I'm sitting at the counter thinking should I try again or just wait for the OTA? One look at my ugly screen said try again. Than I thought, Hey you didn't take out the SD card. Seems to me I read somewhere to do that. So what ya think? Pull the SD card and try again? Or is it something else? Or wait for the OTA?

Thanks

I'm not going to even try to troubleshoot this cause my patience for today's support issues are running very very low (nothing to do with you), but, if you take the sdcard out and try to update your phone with the HoB, you'll have nothing but a gigantic mess on your hands. Please....don't. I can't handle another "I ****ed up my phone" case today. I really can't.

unbesorgt

Reaction score

Thanks

What do you mean by "white screen"? Did you boot into recovery like the instructions said and flash the 246 update file? What exactly happened, step by step?

And yeah as Sam said, you can't use HoB without your SD card. That's where the update file is stored.

Crazebeats

Reaction score
When you flashed 905 did you go back into fast boot mode and select the recovery. Install update from sd select 246 and install like hob Site says? If you did after it installed power it off pull sd card then reboot. HoB faqs tell you to do all of this.

The sd card only slows install down if you have a ton of media on it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I'm not going to even try to troubleshoot this cause my patience for today's support issues are running very very low (nothing to do with you), but, if you take the sdcard out and try to update your phone with the HoB, you'll have nothing but a gigantic mess on your hands. Please....don't. I can't handle another "I ****ed up my phone" case today. I really can't.

Now I understand why people shouldn't go to leaks. Makes me feel bad for recommending it to so many people in the past months.

If JB is even leakable I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to have support staff who can take the burden of these questions off you. Just a thought.

Crazebeats

Reaction score
Well he was on 905 shouldn't have had problems

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
tjk629 said:
Now I understand why people shouldn't go to leaks. Makes me feel bad for recommending it to so many people in the past months.

If JB is even leakable I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to have support staff who can take the burden of these questions off you. Just a thought.

JB is leakable but only me Sam and matt know how to get it an we will not be telling people how to pull the JB leak till HoB supports it an then we will incorporate the leak into to avoid people just randomly flashing it an crying when they are off the ota path an expect us to fix it

Sent from my 2.106 ghz quadrant score 5680 .247 Droid Bionic using Droid Forums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
JB is leakable but only me Sam and matt know how to get it an we will not be telling people how to pull the JB leak till HoB supports it an then we will incorporate the leak into to avoid people just randomly flashing it an crying when they are off the ota path an expect us to fix it

That sounds like fun. I cannot wait for JB. 720x720 contact photos is total drool worthy.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
tjk629 said:
That sounds like fun. I cannot wait for JB. 720x720 contact photos is total drool worthy.

Lol I want project butter ;)

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

It's not even leaks. People are impatient and using HoB to install 246 now which is fine...but they're not bothering to read ANYTHING including blowing by whole screens that actually apply the update and posting "gee, why didn't it work" posts or "how do I install the HoB?" posts. That gets REALLY REALLY old very quickly.

jcwilliams

Reaction score

I don't blame you guys one bit! Thanks for all the support guys!